Jamericans

Full Version: Alice's Restaurant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

It was posted elsewhere that Alice's is closed permanently. Is this true? I still see their sponsorship on this web site.

Where did you see this posted. BP?

This is really sad news.
The last time I tried to go there it was so full that
we had to go eat elsewhere, and we were with Bobby! It was great to see the restaurant so busy that it couldn't accommodate the owner.

I've owned a restaurant, it is really hard, I was glad to put that phase of my life behind me.

Rambo, I agree with you. There are many different reasons as to how/why things are changing. I don't ever really recall the Westend as busy other than when the Kaisers,Central Park and Samara Sara days. But that is what I love about it. The neighborhood and less hassle than the beach. But the person who has made their connections on the beach would say the same thing I'm sure.

Seveen, I hear you as well and also agree. There is a fine line between being tactful and diplomatic and then being disrespectful and stupid.

BP, definiately true. The desperation for money leads to poor choices and often also hurts them in the end. Felix by the way, has Serious Chicken open in our yard now. Drop by and tell him hello!

Bozzie! Girl, stopped by your place here in Canada last week to check ya. The door was open but noone was home....

Mac - I agree with you however, there is always a way of explaining happenings and still be diplomatic while doing so. ie. specific details need not be explained. You know how it go...

Hey Medi...I would hope by Nov. that this will all come to pass(if it hasnt already). The incicdent I speak of happened about a month ago...and yeah, things were bad there then.
I saw posted on another site that they may have caught some of these hooligans/thugs (but i do not know for sure)..
I was not trying to scare anyone away..in fact I refrained from ever saying anything
until I started seeing others post certain things...and then I thought I would add what I knew was "fact" and not hearsay or speculation...Knowledge is power and thought it important for people to be aware so they could step up their "Game".

For me not to go back is not just about this incident.More about my friends well being -someone who had to live and work there and who felt threatened and was sick of not being able to leave his yard...that and the fact that Negril is cool on lot of levels but it aint the only place in Jam...Lots of other places waiting to experiencd..
If I were in you shoes I'd still go..I hung out at summerset village a few times..a nice chill place..and Nov is a few months away..I'm hoping the place get rid of this nonsense before the "high season starts"(ie the police step it up)if it hasn't already...Summerset lane was like my 2nd home for many recent years and will alwasy have a soft spot for some of the wonderful locals that live and work there (special Big up to Ras Rody and his family and Charlie at his shop)

I hope you enjoy your time, medi. try paying a partial payment. That way you would be able to move, to another hotel.
just a thought?

Reading these stories from people that actually live (or lived) there, I mean as opposed to tourists/visitors, really enforces what I have felt- Negril is not what it was.
Really, the thought of being confined to my room after dark just to be safe ruins the idea of a fun vacation.
I wish I could have experienced Negril 25-30 yrs ago but I guess that would also make me a bit of an oldster lol.
We are looking forward to our next Jamaica trip, but its time to check out what lies east of MoBay. Boston Beach, Port Antonio, etc will be the agenda next time. I feel for the locals of Negril that will suffer from a lack of business as people start to avoid what used to be such a great place.

Pages: 1 2