The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Getting Free Nights - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Getting Free Nights (/showthread.php?tid=32122)

Getting Free Nights - macyoder - 09-29-2011

i got 3 nights free

Sometimes doo-doo happens on your vacation that's beyond your control and management needs to step up but how. I plan a lot of trips and sometimes things simply do not go as planned or I did not received what I paid for.

Sunset Jamaica Grande - I booked the resort and even though they assured me the renovation was completed it wasn't. I was greeted with half the resort in yellow tape, no child care, and tons of workers. I listened to other guests whine, bitch, berate and moan, but not me. I nicely explained to the manager than I would like the courtesy/free and opportunity to return and enjoy HIS (lika im own it:-) beautiful and lovely resort once it's completed. He offered me 4 days, which is 3 nights. I nicely asked, did you mean 4 nights, to which he smiled and said yes ma'am. Now I have 5 days, add a few and I am up to a week.

Wait, I have to use this within a year but I have other plans. I called and explained that I was expecting. They congratulated me and graciously offered to extend the time. Yes, I was expecting, the mail to be delivered as it does everyday. I do not care what TA said, I did not lie:-)

I have gotten my vacation time, a week, back in Mexico, along with credit$ from cruise I have taken. Ask for the opportunity to return to enjoy the vacation you planned but be reasonable. Ask people that are in the position to say YES.

HOW DO YOU HANDLE THIS SITUATION?

Re: Getting Free Nights - Angel - 09-29-2011

Ok Macy I applaud you for getting what you want. Well we are all expecting now if it would just get here earlier. You make me laugh. Have a great day!

Re: Getting Free Nights - Van - 09-29-2011

The difference between you and others Macy is that others 'expect' it and reem someone out and demand it. I find most places will do anything to make someone happy-the exception comes when it is rudely demanded; the staff or manager is treated rudely and bossed around; the guest starts throwing around little exaggerations-it almost wants the place to get them out...

But usually niceness gets you everywhere.. in any situation..

~ macyoder ~ wrote:

'i got 3 nights free

Sometimes doo-doo happens on your vacation that's beyond your control and management needs to step up but how. I plan
a lot of trips and sometimes things simply do not go as planned or I did not received what I paid for.

Sunset Jamaica Grande - I booked the resort and even though they assured me the renovation was completed it wasn't. I
was greeted with half the resort in yellow tape, no child care, and tons of workers. I listened to other guests
whine, bitch, berate and moan, but not me. I nicely explained to the manager than I would like the courtesy/free
and opportunity to return and enjoy HIS (lika im own it:-) beautiful and lovely resort once it's completed. He
offered me 4 days, which is 3 nights. I nicely asked, did you mean 4 nights, to which he smiled and said yes
ma'am. Now I have 5 days, add a few and I am up to a week.

Wait, I have to use this within a year but I have other plans. I called and explained that I was expecting. They
congratulated me and graciously offered to extend the time. Yes, I was expecting, the mail to be delivered as it
does everyday. I do not care what TA said, I did not lie:-)

I have gotten my vacation time, a week, back in Mexico, along with credit$ from cruise I have taken. Ask for the
opportunity to return to enjoy the vacation you planned but be reasonable. Ask people that are in the position
to say YES.

HOW DO YOU HANDLE THIS SITUATION? '

Re: Getting Free Nights - rootswoman - 09-30-2011

I need to travel with Macy and Rastagirl.