The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Advice Needed Please! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Advice Needed Please! (/showthread.php?tid=100066)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Advice Needed Please! - Angel - 03-15-2014

Sorry but I think this is so full of BS. To say Mom is in a coma since last year. There are 12 months in a year when? Mom in a coma so she can't talk right?. Using Aunts phone yeah ok. The girl could get a phone herself. Do not send a phone it will never make it. And you have heard nothing not surprising. No one wants to say anything. daughter saying she doesn't have time for this. She doesn't need to take the time then. There is so much more to say but I will keep quiet for now.

RE: Advice Needed Please! - oldtimer - 03-16-2014

No time to put a little effort into the "old" phone told the tale !!!! RUN !!!!!! as fast as you can.

RE: Advice Needed Please! - jitterbug - 03-16-2014

i'm thinking that rootswoman meant that HER daughter does not have time to unlock the phone? of course it's all in the translation . . . i know that i'm very cautious of any tales i hear, no matter how heart wrenching . . .

RE: Advice Needed Please! - Schuttzie - 03-16-2014

That was my thinking, too, Jitterbug, that Rootswoman was referring to her own daughter. I hope this will work out for all involved.

RE: Advice Needed Please! - Raine - 03-16-2014

I hope she is not scamming, and if so I think the adults are pushing her to do this. Also, maybe if she does not do this she could be in trouble from them. I hope it all works out well beautiful pictures Rootswoman. This is such a heart rending post.

RE: Advice Needed Please! - kaycee - 03-16-2014

I apologize if I misread but I thought you meant the girl, not your daughter.

RE: Advice Needed Please! - rootswoman - 03-16-2014

Thanks guys,
Yes - it was my daughter who was frustrated when I mentioned unlocking phones - I just know we have a bunch of old phones and there are a bunch at my sisters as well. My daughter has a demanding job managing a very busy high end restaurant on the beach. A lot of her life is dealing with entitled people and making them happy. Meanwhile she is busy packing for a move so she didn't want to think about how to unlock phones at the moment I was asking her. All the unknowns are so frustrating.

I am wondering about the Aunt. I gained respect for the Mother - she never asked me for a thing. She had plenty of opportunity to do so and she had my phone number which she never used. She was quite proud and worked hard - however if the Mother is not in the picture God only knows who could be feeding ideas to the child and at 16 who knows what the poor girl has faced in Jamaica. In Anthony's family I saw a good family from a village above Lucee that was quite proud of this smart little girl. They were very protective of her and I always had a good feeling about them. I did not know the mothers family. (I know , I know, a good feeling and 5 cents won't get ya a cup of coffee)

I have no idea what happened to all the letters, cards, pictures, videos (phone and phone chips where he kept his favorite messages) and whatever else Anthony had that was very personal. I was on the island when he passed but of course no one offered to return any of that stuff to us.
I've always worried someone would use it to try and get to my daughter .

RE: Advice Needed Please! - rootswoman - 03-16-2014

No worries Kaycee,
It was not written clearly
I appreciate ANY input.
Unlike some places on the internet, here we like the WHOLE truth and nothing but the TRUTH!

I want to reiterate.
I really am grateful for the time and thought that went into the posts in this thread.
Thank you ALL!

RE: Advice Needed Please! - Schuttzie - 03-18-2014

My thoughts and prayers to you~