The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
jet ski nuisance UPDATE - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: jet ski nuisance UPDATE (/showthread.php?tid=68599)

jet ski nuisance UPDATE - JonTom - 09-14-2013

Article in Gleaner:"We Are Not Nuisances, Say Jet Ski Operators Operators"

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20130914/lead/lead5.html
-------------
Of the estimated 200 jet skis operators who conduct business on the world-famous Negril Beach daily, only six are licensed by the Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB), which means that the majority are unregulated and are operating contrary to the law. However, the unlicensed operators contend that it is the JTB and the Government of Jamaica that are to be blamed for their unlicensed status as no new jet ski licences have been granted in Negril for more than 15 years, despite repeated applications made to the JTB.
---------------------
In 1997, the JTB imposed a moratorium on jet ski activities in Ocho Rios, Montego Bay, and Negril, effectively suspending the granting of new licences to operate in those parts of the island. In Negril, each licensed operator is allowed to operate six jet skis, which would make the total number of lawful jet skis on the beach, 36.

"We have tried to get the required licence to operate lawfully, but they have stopped granting jet ski licences in Negril. There are only six licensed operators in Negril, and they were granted their licences some 20 years ago,"

Re: jet ski nuisance UPDATE - JonTom - 09-14-2013

Ooops - meant to put this on the jet ski nuisance thread.

Re: jet ski nuisance UPDATE - Angel - 09-14-2013

And yet so many are on the beach operating with out a care in the world jeopardizing life and limb and no license. No one does a damn thing to stop them.

Re: jet ski nuisance UPDATE - dave - 09-14-2013

"Negril needs to go to more non-motorised, holistic water sports. I really don't plan on getting my jet skis working again. I want people to make money, but safety comes first. Just recently, one of my guests almost got run over by an operator who was drunk and came into my swimming area at full speed," Gail Jackson, proprietor of Negril Tree House, said.

Re: jet ski nuisance UPDATE - Blues Pirate - 09-14-2013

JonTom wrote:

'
However, the unlicensed operators contend that it is the JTB and the Government of Jamaica that are to be blamed for their unlicensed status as no new jet ski licences'

So they decide to operate illegally instead. I guess it doesn't occur to these deadbeats why the Government stopped issuing licences. Duh!
200 operators?!?!
One more reason to avoid staying on Negril's beach.

Re: jet ski nuisance UPDATE - oldtimer - 09-17-2013

1.st let me say I hate !!!! jet ski's . 2.nd I doubt that there are 200 jet ski's . I would say maybe 25 with maybe 200 different operator's. We saw an almost hit inside the ropes off Yellowbird 2 Feb's ago . There are late night robberies almost every night along the beach . They move drugs freely up and down the beach all day long with them . That is why the police don't care , pay-off all day long. It'a a $ a minute and they "operator " gets to see where the young guys or drunk old guys are staying . It's a free ticket to see what next "pidgeon " is on the beach ,THEY ARE CALLED SPOTTERS !!!!!!!