The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
I gotta ask this question - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: I gotta ask this question (/showthread.php?tid=66686)

Pages: 1 2

I gotta ask this question - oldtimer - 06-05-2013

WHY !!!!!!! would a person want to get involved with a person from a culture where you visit and can't go out at night , got to be on your A game all day and are begged to death by everyone you meet. When your money runs out and your off the team how does a person start another relationship with a person with them knowing that the last relationship comes from a culture that has 75% of the population carrying at the very least a pre HIV condition ? I'm not judging just asking. I know for a fact it would be one of the last places I would want to live/work now even if I was young. I to am on my "A" game but I'm very quick to react and I think that catch's them by surprise but when your taken by surprise your done , spanked and left broke and hurt . How long do you think it will be before "Mighty Mouse" is roughed up ? Everybody is monitored all the time .It's the land of "Look Behind "

Re: I gotta ask this question - rootswoman - 06-05-2013

Extremely good question OT.
I would love to do a research study on WHY successful, intelligent, hard working, practical woman loose all common sense when it comes to Jamaican Men.

It happens over and over and over again.

There is something about the way they make us feel sexy, attractive, and interesting . They make us feel good about ourselves - something we woman crave. They appear to adore us and every woman I know wants to be adored.

The accent doesn't hurt.

It could also have something to do with the manliness of the men - they are very protective and it makes a woman feel safe.

Additionally, I think that woman have a natural tendency to want to take care of people - especially woman with an empty nest. We all know most Jamaicans we meet need taking care of ........ $ $ $ ......

As far as ignoring AIDS - Love is blind is isn't? - "it won't happen to me"
no way......

Another thing that has occurred to me is that most woman are hung up about their weight - even the skinny ones think they are fat. Ive heard more woman say that unlike other Men - Jamaicans don't mind a few (or many) extra pounds - not only are they convinced they dont mind it - they believe Jamaican men like large woman. (I think they are no different then other people - some may like big woman but I don't believe it is a norm. I think it is all part of the scam) So in jamaica woman start feeling good about their bodies - woman will give up a lot for that feeling.

Feeling good about oneself + good sex = all common sense going out the window.

Re: I gotta ask this question - oldtimer - 06-06-2013

What an answer Rootie !!!!! I think this must hold true for the men as well , all part of the scam. Broke people do very poorly in Jamaica . Macy ..you said many times that you did not want to live like your mother and would rather have a different setting in your life.

Re: I gotta ask this question - wit - 06-06-2013

is everyone the same?

Re: I gotta ask this question - livlvlife - 06-06-2013

roots---great answer! and true.... a woman that feels appreciated, loved, safe will do anything for the individual that makes her feel that way.

I wasn't going to respond, and i am not very eloquent, but i started thinking about some conversations i have had with local friends (why can a man give a women money to spend a week with him and she is a prostitute, but a man with a female tourist friend receiving money for family groceries, "pocket cash", gas, beer, herbs, dr., dentist, plus all expenses paid when with her is not ??"---boy, huge insult to male ego - ooops LOL)

Now, I am naive about many things, so i was just researching on line and found "female sex tourism" trade. WTF duh.......

this is just one little burb from wiki:
On the other side of the spectrum, most sex workers have the intention of making some form of monetary gain. Such a sex worker typically profiles tourists, in hopes of increasing his monetary wealth the fastest. While profiling he will look for older women, over the age of forty or young, overweight women. The sex worker considers these women vulnerable and will play on their vulnerability to get the tourists to obtain feelings for the sex worker. Once the tourist and sex worker obtain a relationship the sex worker finds it easy for them to have an open relationship regarding monetary exchange.[9]

shheeeet, so i aint that special??? .........bummer.

i "knew" this, just didn't realize it was an industry

Re: I gotta ask this question - goldilocks - 06-06-2013

Hey, I'm broke (by US standards) and I do quite well in Jamaica! Not one to get all caught up by any man, and have lived in African American culture for over 30 years, "ghetto" to some, quite similar to some JA cultures. I like Macy's answer.

OT....many jamaican men sex like an olympic sport. They'd win the bronze, silver and gold. Guess you've never experienced one?

I think for many women...that's the hook.

Macy....Carlene has told you the same thing. Believe it

Re: I gotta ask this question - ohliz - 06-06-2013

I'm not judging just asking.

Now that's funny.

My answer to this "question" is gong to be similar to macy's: there are lousy men in every culture, and there are good men in every culture, and tons in between. You can do the relationship-money-power dance in any country you choose, though in Jamaica a woman of means has the upper hand, and perhaps that is one reason in favor.

right on BP !

Liz exactly sista!