The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
OT- I am going to guess more! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: OT- I am going to guess more! (/showthread.php?tid=66262)

OT- I am going to guess more! - macyoder - 05-15-2013

""familyman" from the Wailers did it 56 times."

I am going to say he did IT more than 56 times....lol!

There is no way for one person to recall so many names and birthdays along with who the baby maddas are. With only 2 (boy and girl) I mix my kids up all the time.

Re: OT- I am going to guess more! - jitterbug - 05-15-2013

"family man" is not a nice man at all . . .

Re: OT- I am going to guess more! - oldtimer - 05-17-2013

There is a French expression here that translates kind of like this " I have no mother I'm a boy my sister had ".

Re: OT- I am going to guess more! - rootswoman - 05-18-2013

"No I would not watch the movie about a performer whose lifestyle I did not care for, but would pay to see him in concert. I have seen some interviews, said it all".

Macy - In my opinion you are being a bit close minded.
I'm not trying to get into it with you - I prefer to be a peace maker not a fighter -

I am just trying to open your mind a bit. You have very strong opinions. Every time you make blanket statements about Bob Marley I cringe and close the thread. I decided to finally challenge you, but I know how sensitive you are and I really don't want you to take this wrong. I think you are an awesome person, i'm just challenging your opinion.

Watching a movie, like reading a book, is just a way to learn about something, Who cares whether or not you cared for his lifestyle - I am sure you watch plenty of movies and have read books about people with all sorts of lifestyles. It is an Historical Account (as in all historical accounts, it may not be 100% accurate or objective, but its a good way to learn, and better then remaining ignorant) For example, I watched Shindler's List -I hated what I watched - but I learned a lot. (by the way im not saying you are ignorant - this is a blanket statement about educating ourselves by watching movies and reading historical accounts)

You don't have to like the man - you don't even have to like his music. It is a film about your Country of Origin - you might find it interesting and you might learn something. (or maybe not) If you do watch it I would be VERY interested in your opinion of it. Blanket statements about the movie, without having seen it, are what bothers me.

Ive read several Books about Bob and seen several interviews. I did not like all I read - but I learned a lot. Every book had a different angle, and the interviews were of a pretty stoned Man so I understand why they would turn you off. However the interviews were from one or two moments in a Man's entire life.

I'm looking forward to reading Kamani's account, as I like to learn all sides of a story. Kamani was just 5 years old when his father died. How much is fiction and how much is facts? Ziggy was 13 when his father died. Once again - im interested in his account - as well as Rita's but these are all personal accounts - Just like Chris Blackwell's. I would think the facts have been clouded by emotions.

I'm not going to convert you Macy I'm just trying to show you what I feel when I read some of the things you say. I go through similar discussions with Dread all the time. Ill say things like "I don't want to watch that movie. I HATE Action Movies" I realize that is totally ignorant and I should never say I hate something without having watched it. I also say "I HATE Science Fiction" Now that is a totally ignorant statement and I say it all the time! LOL

My father died when I was 21. He cheated on my Mom - he was loud angry and often drunk - I was often afraid of him - but I loved him very much - he was the only Father i will ever have. I had to learn that he was a victim of his childhood - he did the best he could with what he had to work with.

I guess because I had to sort all these feelings out about him at such a young age I have accepted that we human beings are products of our environments and we are all flawed. We can focus on the faults or we can focus on the positive, as there is good in all of us, and the good is what I want to emulate. (I had to do the same with my Mother when I was 23 anm my Mom passed, because she was certainly flawed as well)

To me, Bob Marley's Good, far out weighs his bad. Ive chosen to focus on the good - but I am not ignorant to the bad.

Ok - ive said enough - lol -

I hope that you do not take offense.
I keep my opinions about religion to myself as most would find them quite offensive. Bob's music has helped me throughout my life, in the same way going to church helps other people. I take offence to some of your statements about Bob and I decided to speak my mind. I don't take offence to you Macy - I think you are wonderful.

Re: OT- I am going to guess more! - rootswoman - 05-19-2013

Jeannie - I ALWAYS love your input.

Doc - Wonderful well though out points - I am in full agreement with you.

((((((Macy))))) - I totally understand where you are coming from as I just finished saying in the other thread. You are such a survivor and you never seize to amaze me!

Thanks for taking it a step further and digging into why Bob's history triggers you. You have every reason - it makes perfect sense.

Re: OT- I am going to guess more! - rootswoman - 05-19-2013

Ahhh Doc, you are one heck of a Woman.

"Funny thing about my posting after RW is that I was walking around and around your words regarding Bob and Family Man and understanding your reasons and pain for days and trying to figure out how not to offend, as always Roots woman did what she does comes in and knows the perfect way to diffuse a situation and make us think. And the night we had out epiphany it was the three of us up late coming here and typing what was in our hearts"

I love the image I got when I read the last line.

You are always so kind to me Doc - I don't express it enough -you always make me feel warm and fuzzy - I spend a lot of time thinking about what I post. I am often left feeling a little vulnerable because it is from the heart. It is so wonderful to be assured that I did say the right thing. You somehow manage to do it every time.

This board is so much more than I can put into words -

"Over time I have seen changes in all of us, more relaxed, more forgiveness, or more of an ability to ignore"

Right On!
We really have evolved.
I actually think we have learned to "agree to disagree. "

Thanks (((((((Ladies)))))) - you made my day -
Now its time I did some work.

Re: OT- I am going to guess more! - oldtimer - 05-20-2013

"He thinks I never give him a straight answer.".....your roots are showing !!!

Re: OT- I am going to guess more! - rootswoman - 05-20-2013

You are too funny Macy!
Next thing I know you will be wearing

for more Rasta Clothes
http://www.marijuana.hk/en/rasta-clothing-c-256_471.html?page=4&sort=6a&col=2¤cy=CHF

really really good thread - Aunt+Nancy - 05-22-2013

I seriously wish this thread had a different title because I nearly missed it.

Just gotta say, this is one of the most insightful, raw, educational, moving, mind-bending conversations I've ever had the privilege to read.

And Macy, Rootswoman, Doc, you are awesomely brave women Smile