The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 (/showthread.php?tid=48828)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - brasi - 05-16-2012

I apologize if these reports are not the norm here. Please delete if that is the case.

Brasi Trip Report April 2012
#1 Too Many Rum & Tings

It was was approximately 7 am when I woke up, still plenty drunk, with a throbbing head. My friend Lisa and her friend ‘Sonya’ had spent the night with me drinking at Roots Bamboo, one of my favorite watering holes, until the wee hours.

“Oh. My head…” I muttered. Lisa, still almost sleeping, laughed at me.

Minutes later:
“I told you, Alex” she said, her thick Patois accent permeating her smoky voice. She was making her comments from the far side of the room as she brushed her hair out. She’d been able to get a few days off and arrange for a babysitter for her son…and had made a special trip in from Mandeville to hang w. me for part of the week…or I would have kicked her out. (I kid I kid). We're too good of friends for that.

I moaned. Looked at my watch again. F%ck. My. Life.

The night prior Lisa had said…MANY TIMES..."we should go…you have to get up early". Now I wished I had listened. The funny thing is, she wasn’t even going on the bus with me but she’d been responsible. She hadn’t had very much to drink at all.

A normal 'vacation' this was not. It’d been a full-on party for a couple of days since I arrived Wednesday, an interlude on a trip to Belmont to meet another friend of mine for a beach weekend @ Shades Cottage, and then the first annual Brasi Bellyflop Contest @ the Seastar Inn yesterday (Monday April 23). Never one to turn down a drink, I started Red Striping it in the West End a couple hours prior…then last night…I had blown it up after going to dinner on the beach with some of the crew from the states…we’d ended up at Roots…they took off…and then…I just kept meeting cool people. The party kept flowing. I kept telling myself…the ‘Chicken Bus’ is gonna come early…but the rum just kept ending up in my hands SEEMINGLY ON IT’S OWN…pretty girls…old friends…new friends…hot Cananananananananadians and plenty of sub sandwiches.

After a really cool time at the Bellyflop @ Seastar…an event that so many people came together to make a success and raise money for the Buy a Brick Program…and my first shot at organizing anything in Negril…I guess I over-celebrated. It was a vacation right?

Today (Tuesday)? The CHICKEN BUS tour to YS Falls, then to Pelican Bar…and as I laid there with a throbbing head I realized I was about to embark on a 10-hour bus trip…after about 2 hours sleep and a LEGENDARY drinking day…with huge plans to eat a lot of subs and drink all day---again.

I had about an hour to get my sh$t together. I briefly thought of canceling…but I wanted to meet all the folks I hadn’t yet. This was a once-in-a-lifetime kind of chance. I quickly put that thought out of my mind. I rolled out of bed. Oh. My. Head.

One solution presented itself.

I cracked a cold Stripe and got in the shower. 7:15 am. Time to suck it up.

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - macyoder - 05-16-2012

Keep it flowing, oops I mean coming:-)

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - suzengrace - 05-16-2012

Waiting for more....

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - Marie - 05-16-2012

I was wondering when you were going to post your report

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - JoeT - 05-16-2012

Hey Brasi,

Nice report, nicer that it's uncensored.

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - brasi - 05-16-2012

LOL. I eat subs a lot. That's what I mean. Like, sometimes 2-3-4-5 a day.

Crazy, I know. My KIDS and work are unaware of my love for this delicacy.

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - brasi - 05-16-2012

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3820329275494&set=t.1454419131&type=3&theater

Hope you can see it...crazy.

@JimDonna: you too! amazing times!

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - MihMih - 05-16-2012

hehehehe so far... wanna hear more..

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - BrenJaLee - 05-16-2012

Welcome Brasi! Glad you made it over here and feel free to post anything and everything. That bellyflop contest was a riot! I saw so many pics/videos from everyone and especially Patty. Talked to her after she got home and got all the 'fun' details too! I'm going to be part of the December crew so was hoping there might be another bellyflop then but sounds like you'll be doing it annual in April.

Anyway, glad you're here! Bren

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - rastagirl777 - 05-16-2012

Brasi! Thank you for bringing your trip report HERE. I love the way you write and as stated you can actually SAY ganga here. My husband likes subs too. I don't care for them myself.

Keep it comin'. I'd love to hear about your trip to Belmont too - your second time there, right? How did you end up getting there? I'm getting ahead of myself...looking forward to more.