The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge (/showthread.php?tid=48614)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - macyoder - 05-10-2012

I am seeking motivation to answer the call to the gym.

Today I will go to the gym, well thinking tomorrow might be better but the weekend could be a challenge. This week is not good, so next week, yep next week!

Goal, drop 12 - 15 pounds by June 22nd.

Re: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - jitterbug - 05-10-2012

well macy, i don't do gym but would love to drop some lbs . . . i started walking, although that is difficult, waiting for a knee fix . . . i'm doing ww . . . i'll take you up on it . . .

Re: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - Yvonne - 05-11-2012

I don't need to lose weight mainly because I had an extra 50+ lbs. I took off & have kept off for decades now. It's all about lifestyle change. Having been fat I'm highly self motivated to keep it from coming back again. Vegetarian for decades, mostly avoid sugar & flour, exercise regularly. I run 6 days a week, Saturday a.m. is super advanced step class, sit ups on my bowflex every day, upper body bowflex 2X a week, pilates-yoga a few times a week. I'd do it more but w/ all the time I spend w/ my mom it's often too late by the time I'd be ready to do pilates-yoga. Most days I do a little, then just go to bed.

Re: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - rootswoman - 05-11-2012

I'm on a darn diet - I needed to loose 20lbs. I gained a good freshman 15 and now that Im a junior it became 20 - I have lost 5 so far -
I am using a great free tool at Livestong.com - its called My Plate. You have to put in all the calories you eat (it looks up the calories for you)as well as any exercise that you do - It keeps one honest, that's for sure. It also forces you to exercise because then you are allowed to eat more. If I want another glass of wine I have to get on the stationary bike first.

Macy - we are on a similar goal - Im going back east June 19th - I have 15 pounds to shed - Ok so i put it out here -we are on -

Sophie Im a veggie- well really a pescaterian - and I love the sound of that recipe thank you

Re: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - barbara - 05-11-2012

ZUMBA... the devils spawn...from the waist down I feel like an 80-yo.. but I see it working.. been doing it for about a month now, so some of the soreness has gone away..and the definition is showing. 1 month smoke-free and I just picked up a great GROUPON for 100 YOGA sessions that I am going to start tomorrow.. hopefully this will finally let me get rid of the craving that I have, but the celery sticks are working fine.. meat and veggies only for a while and am loving the summer veggies at the farmers market..

JAH KNOW I want some sweet potatoe fries, I am weak for them..

Re: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - rootswoman - 05-12-2012

Go Team!

We should tally our pounds lost together - i miss Dread having free time - he could make us a little counter that we could all add too.

we all need to feel at our best and that best comes in all shapes and sizes -
If your happy that's all that counts - if your not happy then do something about it

hugs to all

Re: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - giuseppe+spera - 05-14-2012

im just the guy to help i manage 2 gyms now give me your routine ill adjust was once 272 now 195 for over a year

Re: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - Sophie - 05-18-2012

LOLOL---- and yet I am still jealous- you have tall breasts-(picture me frowning with lower lip sticking out)

When Mickey and Pineapple where at our house last time we had a contest about what we could "hold" under our boobs- I shall not reveal the winner or what the boob could hold! Let's just say I had problems with a pencil.............

Re: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - suzengrace - 05-19-2012

After just getting back from a trip where i of course over- indulged..I'm glad to be back on track..I do interval walking/jogging(very slow and short jogging I must add) everyday and lift wts/resistance training 3 times a week at the YMCA ..and try to fit a yoga class in there once in awhile..Include some heavy duty gardening and thats my routine and TRYING to stick too it..
As far as diet-cutting out the bad carbs and sugar (including fructose)-learning to cook more differnt types of veggies...

I love feeling better all around-and if i can lose some wt and be fitter ,well that makes me feel even better.. But its not easy,thats for sure....

Re: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - Pineapple - 05-19-2012

For those of you who need a graphic to understand any things like I do, here is the link to the directions for the Scissor Jack trick Sophie talked about. I have the same problem she has. For YEARS I couldn't find pants, especially jeans, to fit because I have am ample rump (which I like). So all my pants had to be taken in in the waist. And when I would drop a few pound they always came off my waist first. That is all ancient history. I've dropped 5 pounds and not one ounce came off my middle.

http://www.denimblog.com/c/t/348/how-to-stretch-jeans-with-pic

PS: Scroll down to the bottom. It's the last entry