The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Spay/neuter clinic coming to Negril! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Spay/neuter clinic coming to Negril! (/showthread.php?tid=48308)

Spay/neuter clinic coming to Negril! - Jenny - 05-03-2012

I know that were a couple of boardies, Yvonne being one & I cannot remember the other person, interested in helping out with the next spay/neuter clinic being held in Negril by the International Spay/Neuter Network (ISNN). I see this from Debbie, the owner of Moonlight Villa, on Facebook:

"International Spay and Neuter Network clinic will be in Negril July 14-16th if you would like to volunteer please contact me at moonlightvilla@yahoo.com
If you would like to donate collars and leashes before hand that would be great"

They do great work, folks! They're dealing with the pet overpopulation problem & increasing pet ownership responsibilities on the island by involving folks who live ON the island. Please read this recent post from their Facebook page:

"The St. Ann Community Spay Clinic was a huge sucess thanks to all the support from the volunteer vets and techs, community volunteers, JSPCA, JVMA and MOA - Vet Services, The Sandals Foundation and Sandals Rivera, CariMed and Lupo Distributors who provided dog food, and several local businesses who donated goods and services. 250+ animals were spayed, 20+ children were taught how to care for their pets, and we all had a lot of fun, working together as a team to help Jamaica's animals. TOGETHER, WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!"

Re: Spay/neuter clinic coming to Negril! - rastagirl777 - 05-03-2012

I was so thrilled to hear about this. They were having some issues finding a place to do it but they have found one at the All Age School!

Re: Spay/neuter clinic coming to Negril! - Yvonne - 05-03-2012

I saw the dates on MiYard's board a while ago (don't do Facebook). As usual, they're in Negril when I am not. Last year it was just before I arrived. This summer the clinic starts on my departure date. One of these years it'll work out. At least I can work on getting people I know motivated to help out.

Re: Spay/neuter clinic coming to Negril! - Sundowner - 05-03-2012

I was also hoping to be there for this - had hoped to collaborate with Yvonne to get the NBCC kitties spayed and neutered. Sorry to hear you will miss it, Yvonne!

Turns out I may not be there either - probably can't make the trip until August this year. But let's not give up on the cats - maybe next year! Or maybe Likkle Red and/or Debbie or someone they know could look into it? I know it would be a huge job Sad

Re: Spay/neuter clinic coming to Negril! - Angel - 05-05-2012

Sounds like a good thing Yvonne, better than someone killing them because there is too many.

Re: Spay/neuter clinic coming to Negril! - oldtimer - 05-06-2012

Is this only in Negril? Do they do this in other places as well?

Re: Spay/neuter clinic coming to Negril! - Debra - 05-06-2012

Hello Jenny, I am so HAPPY for You!

Working with other's has made dreams come true! You are on special Lady!!!!!

Yvonne, you might have to go to Petsmart, or another Big Pet chain. Walmarts carriers do not look that good. I have to go there for creamer and milk, so I'll stop and check and report back what I see. Let you know soon.....

YAY FOR JENNY :-}.

Re: Spay/neuter clinic coming to Negril! - Sundowner - 05-07-2012

What about checking at a local vet's office? They might be willing to donate a couple of them. I think they come flat and you assemble them, but I could be wrong. Maybe one could fit flat inside a checked bag, underneath clothes, etc.?