The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
new habit - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: new habit (/showthread.php?tid=48220)

new habit - jitterbug - 05-01-2012

today is may 1st

ok folks, with all the talk about saving for our trips, i've done a first for myself: cancelled my mani / pedi for this friday and will start using a jar to put the money into. . . . coffee: instead of buying a cup every morning, i've committed to making a cup at home and putting the $$ into my jar.

am going to see what other "disposable" money is around for that jar.

anyone else?

Re: new habit - Jenny - 05-01-2012

Wow, you gettin' serious now, Jitter! Good for you! Let's see.....we're saving a few extra dollars by cooking at home more, rather than eating out. Of course, that's a bit easier since I'm temporarily off work right now, I have the time to do it. Oh, we still go out to eat sometimes, just not as often! Good going!

Re: new habit - suzengrace - 05-01-2012

Right on Jitters..I got rid of my coffee house habit and make mine at home-and couldnt believe how much i it quickly added up..the best thing i did for my health and pocket book was quit smoking-talk about drug addict $$.those packs were creeping up to 8.00 in my area...Theres all kind of little things one can do-but do not be a martyr either-make sure to treat yourself to something nice once in awhile-you deserve it..

Re: new habit - Sundowner - 05-01-2012

I sort of starting doing this quite a few years ago. Quit smoking in 2003 (42 yr. addiction). Used the money I saved to go to Spain & Portugal. That was awesome.

Have never frequented coffee places - always drink it at home, so no $$ to save there, really. Never done manis/pedis. But was spending $$ on haircuts every 5 weeks because I've had very short hair for many years & it grows about an inch a month. Started going to Great Clips with a $9 coupon. They don't do as good a job, but it does save me about $40-50 a month. Sometimes I just trim it myself.

One thing that has saved me a bundle is not buying cleaning products. I invested in Norwex antibacterial clothes/mops/dusters. All you need is water to clean your whole house.

I read flyers and clip coupons every week and if I can save .50 on T.Paper by buying it at the dollar store, I do that. Of course, once you're retired, you have a lot more time to run around town scooping up deals - LOL.

I don't own a car and haven't for over 30 years. Substantial savings right there. Plus I can claim my transit receipts on my tax return.

Use my Aeroplan Visa card to accumulate miles and have used it twice for trips to JA. Hopefully it will cover my husband's flight when he comes.

Every penny really does add up.

Re: new habit - rastagirl777 - 05-03-2012

I've been saving change for a long time now. We have an ammo case we put it in. Sometimes, when we can we stick dollar bills in there too!

Every couple of years it gets emptied and we end up with a few hundred bucks to take with us.

So I support that idea!!!!! Its worked for me.

Re: new habit - Romae - 05-04-2012

This thread gave me the incentative and motivation to start me a Negril fund.

Just came upon a way to make extra money 2 days a week. The first thing I thought about was that I would put half of those earnings aside for a much needed trip to the Rock. Although no funds will go into the jar until I pay for my grandson graduation present (laptop computer). I only have a few weeks left he is graduating from High School this month. I am such a damn procrastinator, the one thing that I dislike about myself and desperately needs working on.

This could really add up if I could put down one "bad" habit, but I am thinking baby steps! LOL at myself!

Re: new habit - Tim - 05-04-2012

Medi - I have done quite a few spinning classes. I know what you mean - they are very tough, harder than one would think.

Congrats to all of you who have quit the coffin nails. Besides the instant cash savings you have made a huge difference to your health, not to mention giving up the stench of burning tobacco and the lingering odor on your clothes.

My change saving helped me alot. Up until a few months ago I had an old texas mickey bottle I would put my change in every night. It took about 2 years to fill it. I last emptied it in November 2011 and it added up to over $600, paid for all my spending money when I went to Cuba. I had this bottle ever since I can remember then it got knocked over and the neck broke off shortly after I emptied it. I had a very large beer stein which became the new container but it is already full, need a bigger container. With the toonies and loonies saving change can add up to big $$ in a hurry.

Re: new habit - Debra - 05-06-2012

Very nice thread jitters, going to think on it.

All bet that was hard, changing coffee habits. Best wishes...

All I can think is give up my smoking habit and save $8US a DAY!!!!!!!!! There may be more....let me think........... :-)