The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Aint too Proud - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Aint too Proud (/showthread.php?tid=48144)

Aint too Proud - doctoro - 04-30-2012

To say I Love you. I appreciate you. I'm sorry, I was wrong. To ask for forgiveness. I prefer to give flowers to the living.

I know that with age comes Wisdom and a clearer understanding of life. I make mistakes, get vexed and I've been told that many find out too late, that I can go off like a canon when I feel agrieved. I know I can be overly s e n s i t i v e at times and I get on my own nerves.

I have to work hard at being the type of Woman Minnie Marie and James B raised me to be.

What about you, easy or hard azzzz when it comes to conveying your feelings?

Re: Aint too Proud - barbara - 04-30-2012

I have learned to not take things so seriously, that someone else's opinion has no effect on my life whatsoever.. I used to be a very argumentive person.. Had to get my words in the world.. but not so much now.

I have learned to walk away and it has been a very very hard trod.. but now I keep the Serinity Prayer in my head mostly about realizing the things that I cannot change and everything..

I am NEVER to PROUD to admit my mistakes and shortcomings, and at the same time making them happen less and less..Lots of stuff does not even bother me anymore.

As long as my home life if harmonious, then all is right with the world in my eyes..

((((EMPRESS)))) you are indeed a WISE ONE and I can reason with you for hours on end and I can sit with you and not say a word and still feel like we have talked for hours... I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL.. see u in July.

Re: Aint too Proud - Jenny - 04-30-2012

I've always been easily crushed by what others say. I've been getting better, but it's still rough. Blessings, Doctoro!

Re: Aint too Proud - suzengrace - 04-30-2012

I aint too proud to say I still have a lot of learning to do-...and this board and the people on it have definitely helped me fill in some of the blanks....(esp.w/Jam)

Overall-I think the majority on this board are a pretty cool group-and what i do love is that each and every one of you are so wonderfully unique....and that translates to a unique perspective whatever the topic is..not just cookie-cutter..

Keeps it interesting,informative and engaging. (not too mention pretty darn hilarious at times)

Re: Aint too Proud - Romae - 04-30-2012

~ doctoro ~ wrote:

'What about you, easy or hard azzzz when it comes to conveying your feelings?'

Its easy to show my feelings, mostly a person can tell how I am feeling by the expression on my face, I dont know how to do a poker face, still working on that. LOL!

But, on the serious side verbalizing a "I am sorry" "Please forgive me" comes alot easier for me these days especially with love ones. The emotion that I tend to stuff down is anger, dealing with a situation now where I want to "tell" someone off. However, I feel my mother sitting on my shoulder whispering in my ear that "you cant reason with stupid", so I shall hold my tongue for another day when my anger has subsided and I can tell the person in the way that their words hurt me today.

The older I get the more I incorporate my mother (RIP) reasoning skills in my life, she had it down to a science. Reminds me of a quote "Its not what people call you it is what you answer to" cant think of the author right now, however, it is def keeping me from "acting a damn fool" as my grandma would say.

Love the black women in my life that raised me, it was truly a village!

Re: Aint too Proud - suzengrace - 05-01-2012

Macy...WTH??? I concur with Ras...I admire any and all contributions you have made to this board and will hopefully continue...You dont have to apologize to anyone as far as am concerned..and this being an "open" board-you should never really have to ..Things may be said, egos stepped on,etc..but were grown adults and should be able to deal and get over it-or handle it head-on at the moment...No regrets Ms Macy on your part..

Re: Aint too Proud - rootswoman - 05-01-2012

I don't have a problem sharing me feelings -I have had to learn the opposite - to keep them to myself.

I used to say whatever I felt like on these forums, I have learned to think very carefully about what I say because it can so easily be misconstrued.

I don't believe in holding grudges - i work hard on considering what it must be like to be in the other persons shoes and then i find forgiveness comes easily.

Macy - what the heck are you talking about - numbered days - smdh