The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
going to share something personal - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: going to share something personal (/showthread.php?tid=46437)

Pages: 1 2

going to share something personal - wit - 03-30-2012

Some people think I don't share anything personal here (Wendy lol ox ) so here is something that transpired in the yard this week that is relevant to our recent discussions imo.

Himself's brother (who I met himself through) had the bad one (brother) arrested yesterday. YES true!!! The bad one slapped Brother D's pickney hard across the face. Not acceptable. He called the police and had him arrested. Mommasieta (MIL) is beyond pissed at Brother D. Different generation?

Re: going to share something personal - macyoder - 03-30-2012

There is something being said:

Don't spare the rod and spoil the child.

Take you into this world, I can take you go

Back talk and your ass is grass and I am the lawn mover.

Roll your eyes and I will be over you like white on rice.

MADEA lives and breathe.

Re: going to share something personal - jajewel - 03-30-2012

Yes, totally different "spare the rod & spoil the child" mindsets from that generation, IMHO

Re: going to share something personal - wit - 03-30-2012

Apparently this was a pretty big deal. Both Brother D and himself have lived off shore. In their eyes beating pickney was NOT acceptable period. Brother D was not having his children beat. Mommasieta thought he should have called her lol. He's forty years old with 3 pickney, his own house etc. He doesn't have to answer to anyone but his maker.

Re: going to share something personal - Jenny - 03-30-2012

Now, granted, I'm a psychologist, so you can probably guess the perspective on child-rearing that I have.... I think that striking a child out of anger only perpetuates out-of-control behavior on the part of the parent and the child in the future. I think it teaches the child that, in order to solve a problem, you use a violent tactic rather than a more civilized approach, which won't help that child get along with others in the future. I prefer different approaches, such as delivering immediate consequences (time-out, apologizing to whoever was hurt, etc.) for misbehavior & then having a simple verbal discussion with the child about why what s/he did was wrong. Etc., etc.

agreed Jenny Smile
Bad brother tried to pick a fight with himself. Himself wasn't taking the bait and walked away in the back yard. Bad brother then had to fight with a child? He just wanted to fight with someone and be violent. Sad and very wrong.

Re: going to share something personal - Angel - 03-30-2012

Wit you do share and no one needs to spill everything. I like when you've shared and reading your posts. We all have a right to privacy. Sorry the child was slapped. So what will they do to the uncle who slapped the child?

Re: going to share something personal - doctoro - 03-30-2012

~ wit ~ wrote:

'Himself's brother (who I met himself through) had the bad one (brother) arrested yesterday. YES true!!! The bad one
slapped Brother D's pickney hard across the face. Not acceptable. He called the police and had him arrested.
Mommasieta (MIL) is beyond pissed at Brother D. Different generation? '

The operative words for me are SLAPPED ACROSS THE FACE. Now for that he would have either been a dead man or easy way out, in jail. BUT, I come from people who punished you where you committed the crime. Also as involved uncles and aunts to each others children, we did not wait for mama and daddy to come home, you did it on my watch you were punished by me, that said when ever I took my many neices and nephews and my kids out with me I had a wooden spoon, most had at one time or another felt the sting of it before, so most times just taking it out of my purse and holding it in my hand was good enough warning.

MIL is probably pissed because now they're going to need money to get the 'bad one' out of jail.

Thank you Angel. You know I admire and aspire to be more like you Smile

Doc:

MIL is probably pissed because now they're going to need money to get the 'bad one' out of jail.
lol perhaps but she had to use that $$$ to get the current turned back on when the bad one tangled with the jps and found he was stealing. $3 thousand USD fine.

I've always admired your 'smarts' Macy. Smile

Doc:

wit you meant 3000 JMD right?
nope Three Thousand United States Dollars was the fine.

Sorry Angel...not sure, I haven't spoken to anyone but Mommasieta today and I didn't go there lol.