The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
LaKaisers - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: LaKaisers (/showthread.php?tid=44330)

Pages: 1 2

LaKaisers - jabailey - 02-24-2012

Yikes. Every time I've been in Negril, I have appreciated Kaisers, and stopped in, only to be told by the guard "no rooms available". I have read over and over throughout the years, speculation about why it closed, who is keeping it in decent condition, why it doesn't re open, etc. So I read on M.com that someone recently stayed there, and I questioned her about who to book a room through. Her reply was to speak with the guard, which obviously wouldn't be feasible in making lodging plans in advance. Does anyone here know the story? Has it re-opened? Is it under legitimate management? Is "someone" just renting rooms on his/her own?

What's the big secret I am not a part of?

Re: LaKaisers - Jenny - 02-24-2012

I've always wondered about that place!

Re: LaKaisers - fatty - 02-24-2012

~ jabailey ~ wrote:

'Does anyone here know the story? Has it re-opened? Is it under legitimate management?'

I have a friend who has been staying there for the past few months. Next time I see him I'll get the scoop for you!!!

Re: LaKaisers - rastagirl777 - 02-24-2012

A friend of mine stayed there about 6 years ago - he got in by asking the guard.

I understand that is the place that out of town musicians go to stay when they are playing in Negril and staying over.

Re: LaKaisers - Pineapple - 02-24-2012

Loved the concerts there. Will never forget seeing Dennis Brown there.

About two years after the renovation we were having dinner at Just Natural and wanted to have a drink and catch the sunset. We walked in the gate and were immediately stopped by the guard - it was very off putting. But we did talk our way in and after a bit of a wait, a bartender finally came to the bar. All the time we were being "watched" by the guard. It was creepy. Even when we walked over to the cliff side to take a photo of the sunset, the guard came over to be sure we didn't . . .heck I dont' know what he thought we were going to do. I asked if I could use the restroom and he had to walk me over there. Double creepy.

Every trip since then I've always look to see if anyone was ever there and I've never seen a soul there yet from time to time I see photos people post of their stay. I too would love to know "whasss up"

Re: LaKaisers - Sundowner - 02-24-2012

A friend and her husband stayed here for a week or so in December. Most of you know her, but I'll FB message her first to see if she wants to post. She did post a few pics on FB - the place looks great! I think she said she got the room through "one of the housekeepers"??? But she might have a contact. They really liked the place, BTW. Said it was not creepy at all.

Re: LaKaisers - jabailey - 02-24-2012

Seems like more questions than answers about the place for sure. It just seems such a waste to let such an awesome place be so ghostly Sad

Housekeepers and/or guards renting out rooms seems - odd? I too have heard they house many high end musicians, but I've never seen any there as I dine across the way and sigh in wondering what the story is... I know I would enjoy the concrete jungle overlooking the sea, just as I like SamSara, though many hate it!

Re: LaKaisers - suzengrace - 02-25-2012

If they have high-end musicians they sure keep it low-key..never hear any music or parties going on there...

Re: LaKaisers - wit - 02-25-2012

sad shame that place. Drug trade at it's finest. Why would anyone WANT to stay there is my question? Falling apart, no maintenance, ....I've seen a few 'rent by the hour' sorta runnings going on there.

Re: LaKaisers - rastagirl777 - 02-25-2012

I too saw several shows at the "old" Kaisers. Great times.

When my friend stayed there in 2002 I think it was fairly soon after the reno - he really liked the place and having it all to himself (he was the only guest for that entire week he stayed). I knew some other folks that were deeply connected to Reggae on the River in NoCal that stayed there for several weeks.

I know Luciano used to stay there when he played in town - in recent years though he's moved more up into my neighborhood.

The rampant rumor around town is the place is owned by the Mob and is a money laundering outfit. I've learned to take these rumors and legends in Negril with a grain of salt.