The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Our stay at Negril Relax - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Our stay at Negril Relax (/showthread.php?tid=42890)

Pages: 1 2

Our stay at Negril Relax - Pineapple - 02-02-2012

Our stay at Negril Relax was beyond what we were expecting.

Sophie found a great deal at the new Negril Relax (1/2 of the rooms at Merrils III are being rented under this name). It was such a great deal we drove Miss Daune crazy before we got there calling and emailing making sure the price quoted was right. We weren’t sure what to expect. It was my first time going A/I and was a bit skeptical as to how good the rooms, food and drinks could be for that price. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. Room was outstanding, food was good and sometimes great, and we could order anything we wanted at the bar including frozen drinks.

Negril Relax is on the right and Merrils III on the left.

It was so good in fact that Richie and I extended twice and ended up staying the entire two weeks. Only draw back that was we had to change rooms twice. I was really tired of packing.

Room 352 (Negril Relax)

Sophie checking out our Ocean view

Room 361 (Merrils III)

Room 332 (Negril Relax) Didn't realize this was going to be our next room but I thought it was so pretty from our veranda at room 361

Drawbacks had to be too many people in too little space and the rude Europeans. I got tired of having to step off the sidewalk because they would not give way. I couldn’t believe they wouldn’t even acknowledge you when you would smile and say hello. (I even tried bonjour and bonsoir) To be fair, the second week group was much nicer than the first.

Richie and I aren’t big drinkers – (it’s actually been said that Richie is a light weight which to me is a good thing) but we did have a ton of fun with our bartender Alwayne. He kept trying out new drinks on us and we were glad to be his Guinn pigs.

Alwayne our favorite bartender of all time. He was hard to get a photo - he is moving fast ALL the time.

Wish I know what Sophie was saying 'cuz Smokey is sure paying attention.

It was nice not to have to decide where to eat or to have grocery shop, cook and do dishes. It was a real vacation. But during the second week we had to get out and eat at some of our favorite places; Alfreds, Chicken Lavish, Sweet Spot and tried Sunset After Dark for the first time.

The staff was outstanding – I can’t say enough good things about them.

I definitely would go back but maybe in the off season and see how crowded it is.

These were taken from the "sundeck"
"Our place" to hang out. It was one of the few places we could get some elbow room.

"Dinning Room" We liked to sit under the striped awning close to the sea.

Sophie and Smokey came down to my house early on Sunday before we left and she dragged me out shopping. We bought a few t-shirts for our guys and laughed that we were dressing them alike. Then look what happened.

Richie kicking Smokey's butt at pool.

This is pretty much where you'd find us for our two weeks. (See why I keep going back?)

Re: Our stay at Negril Relax - wendy - 02-02-2012

I'm thinking smokies head is hung NOT because he was listening to sophie but because of all the drinks LOL
i;ve stayed at merrills years ago, i liked it but ya.....except for the rude tourists always butting in line.

Re: Our stay at Negril Relax - wit - 02-02-2012

cool pineapple, thanks for the report. It is really like a real vacations isn't it? It's not so bad. Espec if it's cheap enough to go elsewhere when you wish. Smile

Re: Our stay at Negril Relax - jeannieb - 02-02-2012

That looks nice and RELAXING! I'm jealous. I think I would like to try an AI again. Not the caged in kind but something like this. It looks like you are free to roam?

Re: Our stay at Negril Relax - Beachbum33 - 02-02-2012

The place is pretty cool indeed. I run my stand up paddle boards right out of Negril Resort Relax and I concur about the rude Europeans running around.
The place has worked well for me. I am flying in on Friday afternoon and will be back in Negril until the end of April - hopefully staying busy with my boards.

Re: Our stay at Negril Relax - Pineapple - 02-02-2012

I missed a photo for room 332. There were some issues with this room but I think the shower took the cake.
This was a Sophie and Smokey height shower head - not a Richie one

Even I had to stoop to wash my hair.

Re: Our stay at Negril Relax - Jenny - 02-02-2012

Ahhhh, looks like a great, very relaxing vaca, Piney!!! I know what you mean about not having to worry about trying to figure out where your meal is coming from. Something very easy, easy about that arrangement. I love the pix of you, Sophie, Mickey, Smokey & Richie!!

Re: Our stay at Negril Relax - Sophie - 02-02-2012

I don't know what Smokey was lookin at either- but apparently it took TWO pair of glasses to see it. Damn- every trip there is a shot of him somewhere with at least two pair of glasses.

Yeah Wendy- bad thing is we remember the crazy sh*t the next day......

Re: Our stay at Negril Relax - suzengrace - 02-02-2012

You all remind me of the I love Lucy (Sophie-Pineapple-Richie-Smokey) show show in Negril...I love it

Re: Our stay at Negril Relax - Sophie - 02-02-2012

Yes suzengrace- Like I Love Lucy with expletives.

I'm just waitin' for the dancin' pictures P.....