The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Vets4Pets Medical Centre - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Vets4Pets Medical Centre (/showthread.php?tid=41893)

Vets4Pets Medical Centre - Jamaicame - 01-21-2012

Vets4Pets has recently opened up in Montego Bay (right across from Aqua Sol- the place with the go carts) and I just needed to share how great it is there.

I've had my share of crappy vet experiences in Jamaica and am so happy that this place opened up. It's run by two fantastic vets who actually LIKE animals (believe it or not, I've found several vets here who seem to hate animals), Dr. Anderson and Dr. Williams. The place is very clean (unlike the 3 other vet offices I've been in here in Jamaica) and well stocked. Even entering the front door, the receptionist likes animals, they have a formal registration process asking all pertinent questions.

The vets take the time to answer any and all questions you may have. All in all it was a great experience and I would highly recommend them.

Dr. Anderson and Dr. Williams also work closely with Montego Bay Animal Haven and do great work for the dogs there. It was through MBAH that I first met Dr. Anderson who was so great to work with as a traveling vet. I think that both vets still do home visits as well.

Their facebook page is: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vet4pets-Medical-Centre/247811998584780

Re: Vets4Pets Medical Centre - Van - 01-21-2012

They also are the ones associated with the MoBay Animal House and provides help to sick and injured animals and do alot of spaying/nuetering for free. It is a first world office.

Re: Vets4Pets Medical Centre - bozz - 01-21-2012

thank you...modern as can be..my 2 dogs are not easy to get in the car...i have to throw the leash in so maybe they jump in after it...know too many who lost their pets to tick fever...gonna stop by and check it out, peace

Re: Vets4Pets Medical Centre - Jenny - 01-21-2012

This looks like an excellent veterinary clinic, Jamaicame! Thank you for sharing!!

Re: Vets4Pets Medical Centre - wit - 01-21-2012

yay! great news. Pets and children...those who cannot help themselves !!!! Thanks Ari.

Re: Vets4Pets Medical Centre - suzengrace - 01-21-2012

Bless those you help all creatures great and small-as well as our vulnerable and in need fellow humans too ..

Re: Vets4Pets Medical Centre - rastagirl777 - 01-21-2012

I think its wonderful but the people I know with pets in Negril have multiples - just the dogs in my yard alone add up to 8 (3 at one house, 3 at another house and 2 at my friend's house).

My girlfriend has 4 large dogs.

Getting those beasts into a car at all would be a trick - getting a driver to take 4 large dogs to MoBay I think would be impossible.

They all use Prince. He comes to the yard with everything he needs and does hav an office/hospital in Sav if necessary. What a nice but very busy man. If you've called him for routine shots he might not come as planned but that is because he often has emergencies he needs to deal with first. He always "triages" his cases.

Re: Vets4Pets Medical Centre - rastagirl777 - 01-21-2012

Even in the states I use a vet that comes to the house. Why?

I have cats. Had three, now two.

Here was the routine (because we always did their annual checks at the same time) when we used to go to the vet:

1. The night before, put the carrier in the car - the carrier lives outside. We learned this the hard way. Marge, my nervous girl, would hear us move the carrier and hide. Sometimes behind the refrigerator, sometimes under the couch. Where ever she was it was nearly impossible to retrieve her - she's acutally left scratch marks under the couch when we've tried to drag her out.
2. Just before we are about to leave for what we would call "the spa", my husband would pick Marge up (she's partial to him), stroke her, make her purr, while ever so slowly walking towards the door - now the minute the door opens she struggles to get away from him but not before he literally tosses her into the car and shuts the door. She immediately goes right into the carrier.
3. Next is Fred. He's not as tough but doesn't like to be told what to do so again, pick him up - fine. Open the door - fine. Walk to the car - struggle. This is a 15 pound cat who then gets heaved into the car, slamming the door behind us. He sniffs around a bit then goes into the carrier and proceeds to sit on Marge.
4. Stewart was easy. He always sat on my lap in the car, sometimes wandering over to Les'. Of we go.
5. I'm not sure who starts it - Marge or Fred - but the song begins. A wailing/groaning song and within no time they are all singing. Kinda like the obnoxious horns at Rebel Salute. This continues for the 20 minute drive to the vet.
6. We "organize" Marge and Fred so that Fred is not squishing Marge and close the carrier door. Les takes the carrier - that has 25 pounds of cat in it. I take Stewart, who, upon seeing the building wraps his paws around my neck baby-style only he has his claws fully distended and embedded in my neck.
7. Once in the examining room Stewart is left to his own devices (usually lies down under the bench in there) and Marge is extracted from the carrier. Before we had Fred and she had that whole thing to herself she would somehow "glue" herself to the rear of the carrier and we'd have to turn the thing upside down and shake her out. Marge is the most cooperative because she is the most nervous. She flops at the hand of the vet, takes her shot and makes a beeline back to the carrier.
8. Now its Fred's turn. Fred turns into a wilderbeast. He hisses. He growls. His tail swells to 4x its original size and every piece of fur is standing on edge. He is placed on the scale, hissing and growling and being ferocious. The vet looks at me and asks "is he a nice kitty?" Yeah - generally. He struggles through the entire procedure, spilling the injection half way through, etc. We get a cardboard carrier because we are afraid he'll eat Marge and he gets placed in there still growling and hissing.
9. We have to pry Stewart from under the bench. This take a good 5-7 minutes. He completely misbehaves - doesn't growl but moves around, also spilling the injection, biting, trying to scratch.
10. We leave, Stewart in my arms, basically exhausted from the ordeal. Fred is STILL growling.

These days, 10 minutes before the vet is due to arrive we gather the cats and put them in the bathroom. They don't seem to mind this. The vet comes into their world - and they are great with her. No more drama.

Yay for house-call vets!!!

Re: Vets4Pets Medical Centre - wit - 01-22-2012

glad the dog is doing better Ari. Bless you for being such a good and caring owner.