The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Jenny update - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2011 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Jenny update (/showthread.php?tid=29661)

Jenny update - Pineapple - 08-31-2011

From her FB page. She's an amazing woman.

Aug 23: The hair, she is all gone now........
.... this is something to get used to! I have 3 brightly-colored petite turbans (baby blue, darker blue or raspberry) that I put one of 2 color-coordinating paisley head scarves on, 3 x 2 = 6, so a total of 6 combinations, and I'm stylin', baby!! I do have a wig but it's much too blasted HOT for that here!! A blonde? Probably not! I'm hoping for a return to those early-life redheaded ringlets, hehehe.....

Don has offered to shave his head (and the dogs' too!). But I told him, no, that is just not necessary. I don't want anyone else to have to deal w/ bald head! I'll get used to it, it'll just take some time, like everything else, there IS a learning curve to it! Thank you, everyone, for the support & encouragement!

Aug 30: Appointment w/ reconstructive surgeon today; he is a great doctor who imparted lots of good information. However, the whole experience will be unexpectedly more complex. The possibility of radiation tx, which won't be known for a few months still, is a potential complication. Hoping to find out before mastectomy & to be able to begin the reconstructive process then. Then, there'll still be yet ANOTHER surgery in March! Boo!

Aug 31: (ref: mastectomy) Fingers crossed that it'll be in December. After my 1st 6 cycles of chemotherapy end the week of Thanksgiving, I'll then go in for another breast MRI; this will (hopefully) confirm that the tumor has shrunk enough, away from the chest wall, to make me a surgical candidate. All presumptions are that this will happen. Then, I will schedule the surgeries (mastectomy & begin the reconstruction during the same surgery). If the MRI shows that the tumor has NOT receded from the chest wall, I really don't know what they'll do then; hoping to not have to find this out!

Re: Jenny update - Sharleen - 08-31-2011

brave and courageous lady for sure. Let all of us say a prayer for her each and every night! Please let her know we are all routing for her as well as appreciating her strength and dignity.

Re: Jenny update - suzengrace - 09-01-2011

Keeping you in prayers and will say a blessing at the Buddhist temple I go to...
Your strong...you will beat this...
Keep your head high..and just think of all that healthy new hair growing back in..don't be surprised if its a different color or texture (ie straight, vs curly).
Happy you got some good Docs you believe in....and don't forget knowledge is power..learn as much as can ask,ask ,ask questions...

Re: Jenny update - Sundowner - 09-01-2011

Keep up the good fight, Jenny. You are doing a great job. Lots of love & positivity coming your way from all of us here, so hope you are tuning in when you can. I think of you often.

Re: Jenny update - Jim-Donna - 09-01-2011

Do you know the song.......
"You are so beautiful to me, can't you see.." ~~~~~ La La La
Jenny YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL TO ME !~~
With or WITHOUT your hair ~!~!~!~!~
XOXOXO

Re: Jenny update - Sophie - 09-01-2011

Jenny- Thinking of you daily. Know for sure that you are gonna kick that cancers ASS!!!!!!!!!

Re: Jenny update - ladynegril - 09-03-2011

Jenny-Know that you are in our prayers everyday and positive vibes as well.Keep the faith baby,we are :o)