The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Feeling scared. . . - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2011 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Feeling scared. . . (/showthread.php?tid=22067)

Feeling scared. . . - Jenny - 05-17-2011

I just found out today that I have been ~summoned~ as an "expert witness" (LOL!!) for a fair hearing at my school district which will be held in the Administration Building on Friday at 9:00 am. Gulp! It's WEIRD, bc I did NOT evaluate this student!! Apparently, the student was considered for the Gifted & Talented Program, but did not make it into that program. The parents paid for a private PhD. Clinical Psychologist to do psychoeducational testing on the child (IQ, academic achievement, behavior rating scales, etc.) & they gave me the report today to go through. I'm wondering....hey! Call in the psych. who did the testing! But I guess ~somebody~ would have to pay that person to testify. So they're yanking me in! I've NEVER had to testify at anything before; no hearing, no court, ever! So I'm very scared! Please, somebody, calm me down!!

Re: Feeling scared. . . - jajewel - 05-17-2011

I guess you just have to evaluate the evaluators report....can't be that bad, Jenny....just be honest & read through it & say what you have to say. It's not a court hearing for criminal stuff....I think they just want your opinion, although it might be difficult, since you never evaluated the student yourself.....hang in there!

((Jenny))

Re: Feeling scared. . . - wit - 05-17-2011

(hugs) Jenny. I've been in court twice. Once as a witness (well sorta someone ran into my car). It was fun. I was young and made the other attorney look like an ass...tee hee.

The second one I was scared. We were in discovery from a law suit.

Stick to the facts. Don't BS. You'll be fine. The wouldn't have asked you if they didn't think you have an opinion of value. Don't worry so much!

Re: Feeling scared. . . - Pineapple - 05-17-2011

Take a deep breath and be yourself. I've been though it and the anticiation is much worse than the actual event.