The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Fantasy/Reality - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2011 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Fantasy/Reality (/showthread.php?tid=18175)

Fantasy/Reality - doctoro - 04-05-2011

Everyone has/had expectations of how being in Paradise would be. What were some of your fantasies and what turned into the reality. Did you have to put in the work or did things happen as you wanted?

Was there Nirvana in Paradise?

Re: Fantasy/Reality - Mrs B - 04-05-2011

~ doctoro ~ wrote:

'in the work '

I would love to elaborate doc, but as time has me now, it will have to wait til later.

Somethings do come naturally and work is a part of everyday life. Washing, cooking, planting, wash shoes, footbottom just to name a few. But I have been bathed and that part was rather nice.

Re: Fantasy/Reality - Lola - 04-07-2011

Wikipedia ~

"Paradise (Old East Iranian: pairidaeza) is a place in which existence is positive, harmonious and timeless. It is conceptually a counter-image of the miseries of human civilization, and in paradise there is only peace, prosperity, and happiness. Paradise is a place of contentment, but it is not necessarily a land of luxury and idleness."

(surprising myself) This pretty much is my experience here. Although of course we know there is much MORE here than 'only' peace, prosperity and happiness! I think it is the oppositional tensions and contrasts that draw me here, strangely enough. I don't know WHY, I just know this is my place right now.

Jamaica as a destination was happenstance, but within a few hours of arriving the view I had of my life began to shift.

10 years later I am living here??? Never saw that coming until recently.

Re: Fantasy/Reality - Eco - 04-07-2011

~ doctoro ~ wrote:

'Everyone has/had expectations of how being in Paradise would be. What were some of your fantasies and what turned into the reality. Did you have to put in the work or did things happen as you wanted? Was there Nirvana in Paradise?'

I've never found a paradise that lasts a long time or distance. For example Negril or even Jamaica are not paradise for me. Some locations can be a temporary paradise, like up top of Orange Hill next to the school. I spent no clue how long there because time stood still I was was in heaven taking in the sights, smelling the flowers...that was a temporary paradise. Cars going by or anything else could end that paradise quickly. The same happens up at Roaring River while swimming and up in the hills with the Rasta.

Fantasies...no time for them, I'm a goal oriented person...set achievable goals, meet them and move on.