The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Life in the Yard! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2011 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Life in the Yard! (/showthread.php?tid=17050)

Life in the Yard! - DAWN - 03-24-2011

Dogs…I have 4 dogs in my yard. All very serious about their jobs. I woke early this morning and every porch had it’s own sleeping police. The kids play with them like they are puppies. They roll around with them..feed them..tease them..and never a mean movement made on either part.

I have cold water for shower…dishes I can heat it up on the stove..the first one was wicked cold. But since then they aren’t too bad. Sure takes the body temperature down! :o) This morning there was a baby crocodile in the tub. I had washed out some things last night and had let them soak over night. I grabbed my slipper to make the croc jump on and carry out. The little bugger jumped straight to my arm for the ride. A real live “carry on”.

I watched yard man picking some gungo peas of the bush in front of my room…so mi call him Gungo now. I have cooked the last two nights. Cabbage veggie stirfry and garlic toast..then tai tuna melt with chips and tomatoe. He said last night then when he got home he was wishing it was MORE.

I have found that it’s so easy to make people smile and happy. Whether I be walking, in a taxi or sitting in a bar…all you have to do is SMILE. It gets returned 10 fold! I walked to Hilo yesterday and some fella asked if he could have some of my shape!

I found a shiny polished rock in the yard here the first day and put it up on the ledge. Diego found it and was so impressed by it. Said he was going to carry it to church and give testament on it. All the colors in one hard stone. “God is great” him say.

Up early today..finished the laundry..made some eggs and toast for my little friends. Going to take LS to the beach today down by Donaldsons!

Re: Life in the Yard! - jitterbug - 03-24-2011

omg dawn, makes me want to cry with happiness just hearing the goings on in the yard. by the way, where is this place? sounds good.

Re: Life in the Yard! - ohliz - 03-24-2011

~ DAWN ~ wrote:

'I have found that it’s so easy to make people smile and happy. Whether I be walking, in a taxi or sitting in a bar…all you have to do is SMILE. It gets returned 10 fold!'

I find that to be the case 99% of the time too. You do get back what you put out Smile