The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
JPS horrors! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2011 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: JPS horrors! (/showthread.php?tid=16607)

JPS horrors! - jajewel - 03-20-2011

I spoke to my neighbor up the hill, last night at Leroy's, and she said their electric bill for this month was almost DOUBLE from the month before!!!

Her bill was $47,000 this month & that's with NO AC!! She does have an elec. stove in her guest apt. & a pool, so the pump has to run and also an elec. dryer that she seldom uses. Last month it was $28,000.

We have an elec. stove in our main kitchen and no pool pump, but do have a water pump that has to be used to facilitate the upstairs apt., no clothes dryer, but do have AC which has not been in use. Now, I'm terrified to go to get MY bill from the post office!

She is not the only one....another neighbor said his bill doubled also! All of the gas hikes go on the customers bill....NOTHING is absorbed by the company because there are no regulations here!....we get screwed!....also no competition. Of course, if you don't pay your bill, they are there to cut you off in 5 days, with no notice!!

AND there is supposed to be a 10% increase on top of all that next month!! Folks, look for some price raises in resort rentals this year.....don't know how places could stay in business without doing it....

Those of you who are building....go solar all the way & stay off the frickin grid here, because it gone from bad to worser!!! My neighbor is seriously looking into it.....wish I could afford it, but hey, maybe I can't afford NOT to!

Re: JPS horrors! - Rastapher - 03-20-2011

Thanks Jajewel, Gonna go online to my JPS and check. We are going to get a solar water heater some day. Solar panel however can loose up to 40% thier effiency because of the hurricane/cloudy season. There was an article in the observer about 6-7 months ago about it. Although we are still tempted someday to maybe go in that direction.

Re: JPS horrors! - Likkle Red - 03-20-2011

Just paid my electric bill to JPS and mine went up as well. I guess I shouldn't complain but for a single family home with no AC (ceiling fans) and a washer and one tv my bill was almost 4,000JMD. The house is usually vacant during the day and we cook with gas and have cold water.

I looked into solar but couldn't afford it...like you Cher...may have to look into it more if the rates continue to climb.

Re: JPS horrors! - Jamaicame - 03-21-2011

I live in a small 2 bedroom concrete house. Appliances- small fridge, TV (generally on only in the evenings), laptop computer (on most of the time), laptop computer on about 50% of the time, 1 standing fan (on about 60% of the time).

My bill is between 3,500-$4,000 per month. I find it quite amusing to see the JPS jeep parked in the neighborhood, yet they never come into the yard to actually SEE the meter (you can't see it from the road). In fact several times I've said I'll put the dogs in the house so you can come and take a look at it. Nope... they were all good. The best part is in times I've been gone out of town for a week or two running nothing but the fridge on low and the bill spikes during that month. So, what percentage of JPS bills are just estimates?? Smile