The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error

Jamericans
You are sooo beautiful - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2011 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: You are sooo beautiful (/showthread.php?tid=11785)

You are sooo beautiful - Lola - 01-30-2011

“You are soooo beautiful”

Sure it is a line.

And isn’t it WONDERFUL to be infused, repeatedly with POSITIVE comments?

How about being called darling, sweetie, miss, I find it all lovely. It makes me smile.

Even (or especially, since that kind of chit-chat is normal) at home I compliment people as much as I
can. I like to notice and appreciate.

At home, its often all about ‘business’. You did great at that. You are so confident, smart, whatever… its about what you can do with it for professional gain.

When you are married or knowingly attached, physical comments stop, for the most part. I can’t help myself though, to tell someone when something looks really great on them. I once encouraged (without letup) a J lady to remove the bra she was wearing, as it was detracting from the beauty of her in her dress because you could see so much of it, and I knew she was going to be fine without it. I mean, she was gorgeous, tall and slender. Her husband was there and he had no qualms about her removing it (ok maybe thats not a surprise, but she was a modest lady).

Finally, she said I had to buy her a Guinness for her to do it. That caught me by surprise but it made perfect sense too. Yes I will. That was the 1st time a bartender handed me 2) 50’s instead of a 100J and I (complimented, lol) said You are so SMART to do that and handed a 50 back. Ever since that time, bartenders that don’t give change that way, I tell them they should and why. I’ve seen them catch on.

Anyway, I love the positive comments. I’ve rec’d one rude comment, that was such an odd situation, I’m glad I had a friend with me at the time because it escalated before it dissipated. Forty-five seconds of altered dimension.

I love people, and I feel like I get to be closer and live in the love of people here. I love the positive comments. It’s a lot better for me than the negative comments that seem to stream through my mind nearly 24/7.

Re: You are sooo beautiful - Jenny - 01-30-2011

Positivity always wins out. Life's too short to be dwelling on the negative. Plus, I've found what an old friend once told me to be true - it's all about the "law of attraction." At first, I didn't really believe the concept. But, the more I've observed interpersonal interaction & ways of perceiving things, I've found that negativity begets further negativity and positivity "attracts" more positivity.

Don & I have really been working on our communication. Although we didn't set out to do this per se, I've noticed that we're both telling one another how much we appreciate specific things about the other. And it feels very good!