The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error

Jamericans
Luciano Tour - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Luciano Tour (/showthread.php?tid=100409)

Luciano Tour - Firemon - 07-12-2014

Saw Luciano live for the first time and Jah Messenger blew me away with his
fabulous voice, poignant songs, and uplifting spirit. Probably best of all was he was playing in a relatively small club near the University of Minnesota (the "West Bank" reference in the sign refers to the Mississippi River) so it was easy to get up close.

Sadly my smartphone photos are all washed out by the stage lighting. Nonetheless here's one.

Loved Luciano's entrance adding his unmistakeable vocals from off-stage singing nearly half a song before emerging with wireless microphone in hand.

I even have a video (the audio is blown speaker quality) of him doing a front flip mid-song.

For me the highlight of the evening was the prayerful "It's me again Jah," with Luciano kneeling onstage as he sang.

Actually loved everything but his encore set which was decidedly unreggaelike finishing with "When The Saints Go Marching In" and before that something befitting Hee Haw.

Ran into a daper fellow named Desmond (as I recall), 72, who showed me a video on his cell phone during a set break that featured him and Bob Marley being interviewed together way back when. "Hey, that's your voice," I exclaimed having not been told in advance what it was he wanted me to watch.

Oh, and Ras Walleye's lovely wife Donna was there with her daughter and they were both smiling from ear to ear as they danced near the stage.
Donna was wearing such a boldly colored top with beautifully braided hair she was truly looking like a queen. It's easy to see why Ed likes to refer to her as his empress.

RE: Luciano Tour - kylake - 07-12-2014

Thanks Firemon, he was there on our last reach but I guess we are too old. We thought about, but since his show didn't start until after midnight......we didn't go.