The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
dan and sheila I have a question - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: dan and sheila I have a question (/showthread.php?tid=100053)

dan and sheila I have a question - oldtimer - 03-01-2014

At Le Mer in Lances Bay ,is that kid friendly . This Nov . my son is getting married in Negril and I am coming a week in advance and am looking at renting a villa for my youngest daughter , her 3 kids 11 , 7 , 2 and me. Maybe someone has a better idea ??!!

RE: dan and sheila I have a question - daniel - 03-01-2014

OT Lemer could be kid friendly, but I cant really recommend it for young children. The units are second floor, and the stairs are steep. The floors are tile and can be very slippery. The courtyard in front was recently tiled,crazy tile, and while some are textured, some are not,making for tricky walking while wet. Lastly ,the dogs. They have four. They are good dogs, but . Lemer is run more like a hotel. 2 king and 2 double queen bedrooms in each house. Guest share a large open kitchen,dinning,living area. You can rent the whole house privately.

RE: dan and sheila I have a question - rootswoman - 03-01-2014

I remember Venus renting a nice villa with a pool with her kids, outside of negril - let me give her a shout out on facebook and see if I can get her to come and tell you about it.

RE: dan and sheila I have a question - Venusdelondon - 03-01-2014

Hi,

Sadly, the house is no longer available or I would be over there myself like a shot. I have stayed at Rondell when the kids were about the same age as your Grandkids. That worked out quite well, villa type accommodation with a small pool. The kids liked it more than I did, Im not that mad on Negril, way too busy for me, but the kids love it.

We are looking to come back to Jam. next winter, and as my son will then be 16 and already eats me out of house and home and yard, Im considering AI, never thought I would, but never say never, and as he will need to fill his boots, I think it will be the easiest solution.

I looked at Sunset Jamaica Grande, its coming in very affordable, and I would like to explore more that side of the island, but the place is huge, wondering whether I could stand it.

Still plenty of time to decide, and I too would welcome any recommendations.

In the meantime, Im going to see Albie play his first gig in London, and Im so excited, I'll be screaming like a teenager.

I hope you find somewhere suitable OT, if I remember anywhere else I will chime in again....

RE: dan and sheila I have a question - rootswoman - 03-02-2014

Venus, Its true kids are easy to please at an AI but it may not be as pleasing for you - then again if the kids are happy, Mom can chill out. There are so many things you could consider - some places do partial AI. I love the Charela Inn for example - they do something like that. They are so centrally located there is plenty of food nearby . I only say this after our experience last summer. Dread and I went to two very different resorts in the Dominican Republic last summer. We stated at a small AI which didnt have great food but it had plenty of local culture - we ten moved to the hard rock resort - it was as grand as they come . While it was fun and exciting i personally preferred the small casual resort. at the hardrock i could have been in vegas or anywhere in the world - yes they had a beach but it wasn't half as nice as the beach at the casual place and the food all looked glamorous and there was ENOUGH of it to fill any kids boots - after a while I realised it was very mediocre food and the drinks were half water. I am just saying if you fly halfway around the world just be sure the all inclusive is a deal that is too good to pass up.

I hear good things about Point Village - I have never stayed - I have visted there it was lovely and I hear they have nice condos (i think they also have all inclusive options)you are separate from the Negril hustle but can still get some local culture)

OT - have you looked into Point Village? Perhaps some boardies can help out

RE: dan and sheila I have a question - kylake - 03-02-2014

(03-02-2014, 01:27 PM)rootswoman Wrote:  I hear good things about Point Village - I have never stayed - I have visted there it was lovely and I hear they have nice condos (i think they also have all inclusive options)you are separate from the Negril hustle but can still get some local culture)

OT - have you looked into Point Village? Perhaps some boardies can help out

PV is all private condos now and many can be rented. It used to be an AI but no longer is. There is not even a bar on the premises. Each room does have a small kitchen (or at least the one I stayed in did). Two small beaches one of which is CO and a nice area on the right side of the property to snorkel, salt pool and swimming pool.
Other than cooking or eating something made in the room you have to go off site. Cosmos has free pickup and return if dining. Hedo is next door and if kids wandered in the direction.......they might get an eye full :-)
Pretty dead place as far as activity, so you have to go somewhere else if you want action. If you want to sit on the beach and read and not be bothered it's great for that.

RE: dan and sheila I have a question - Venusdelondon - 03-08-2014

Thank you for all your input, there is some valuable information there from both of you.

However, being the fickle woman that I am, Ive gone right off the whole AI thing. Blegh! I dont know what came over me?? I think I was bedazzled by the price and waterslides.

So excited bc Im so close to pushing the button, done the maths, its a reality and long time coming. Just waiting for the return flight dates to come up....and then Im onnit like a car bonnit, taking mi kids out of school for a few extra days mid term break and I dont care, 2013 was complete cac...2014 we need to adjust and 2015 we deserve it.

I have chosen our first place to stay, a remote, rustic kind of place with no mod cons, but peace and tranquility, let me indulge. Then, I have to compromise with 3 teenagers, we are going to have to stay somewhere lively, and I cant decide. If I am going to "lively up miself" I want to do it in style, l want Rock House, Tensing Penn, for Banana Shout dosh.

Champagne life on beer money as always.....any suggestions please....?

Oh btw, did I mention Im gonna see Papa Albie in a few weeks Big Grin

It can only get better....bisous x x x x