The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error

Jamericans
Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 (/showthread.php?tid=48828)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - brasi - 06-14-2012

Brasi Trip Report April 2012

#8 Lisa and a Song

As I have said, I love “doing things” that involve Jamaica, and my chosen art form.

On my last few trips to Jamaica, I have used the time to “catch up” on these creative projects. Fun things that make me a more content person that my day job allows, like writing lyrics, or shooting video to edit when I get home.

This trip was no exception.

My friend Lisa is a tremendous inspiration as she is really fun to “shoot.” She also has a very pretty face, and is willing to do certain shots a few times for different treatments.

Our trip to Halfmoon Beach on the day after the Chicken Bus trip was just what we needed. It gave us the chance to chill out, shoot some video for a song my band Seven recorded a while back, and grab some great food.

Shane (cabbie) picked us up at beach place and as soon as we got in the day took a turn for the better. He handed me a sandwich bag, and in it were three very well made subs. He passed back two cold Stripes.

“For you Brasi,” he said. Shane, always looking out!

He pressed the power button on his Cd player and a mix of Tu-Pac and Biggie came on. Lisa started bobbing her head around, moving her hands (the “rap” version of banging her head) and singing, all the while making facial gestures on beat…I lit a smoke…

This was gonna be a good day.

It was my first trip to “chill” at Halfmoon Beach, I’d stopped by for a quick beer once prior to look around but it was getting too dark to really get a good take. I will tell you that Half Moon Beach is a little further than advertised from Negril…but I’d travel twice as far to get there…it’s THAT cool.

We walked down the path to the restaurant, and sat at the bar. I believe the two twins that live there were the kids that were in the restaurant, milling around their family who were relaxing at a nearby table. In any case, they were an adorable pair of little girls that I’d guess are 4. The braver child approached Lisa and pointed at her head…

“What’s that?” she asked Lisa.

“Oh, honey, my hair,” Lisa replied, laughing.

The little girl wasn’t the first person to notice Lisa’s bright reddish/pink extensions during our time together, but was certainly the least concerned about asking!!! The bartender laughed and it was one of those “moments” that are hard to explain…a “warm and fuzzy.”

After one drink at the bar, and ordering our food, we walked down to the beach area...more like walked "over"....and grabbed a nice little hammock/table area in some shade. It was so nice to be with Lisa, someone I really trust, and walk down a virtually secluded beach…with only a few of the 6-8 or so hammock “areas” in use...really a place that cannot be overestimated. It is simply perfect.

This was definitely my idea of chilling out. The food was delicious, I had a grilled chicken sandwich and Lisa had a burger. We ate seaside, with only the ocean making any sounds for much of the day…we met a really healthy dog and gave him some of our meal…shot some spec video for a t-shirt company my friend owns…HEADRUSH….and some video I am currently editing to unveil here soon.

We smoked. We napped. We swam. We ate.

A little later on in the day, Lisa slept in the hammock and I grabbed a fresh sub. I sat on a bench near her, and thought about a song lyric or two…but mostly I thought about how sometimes life can tackle you (like small things…via a Chicken Bus hangover…or bigger things, like losing a loved one) and only shortly after...lift you right back up.

Positive thoughts rushed me: I am 41 years old, I have a lot of life left. I am blessed with two amazing sons. I am making great friends in paradise. I am on a secluded beach with an amazing person from halfway around the world. My belly is full. I am...LIVING.

Yes, life was lifting me up. And for the first time in months, I wanted more. I wanted to get past certain events in my past that had been burdening me. I was starting to feel it do so. Hard to explain. But it was palpable. I was starting to feel less selfish about still being…here…and just being. The process people have told me about was....in progress.

Lisa rustled. She opened her eyes. Smiled.

“Are you going to remember me Alex?” she asked.

“I was going to ask you the same thing,” I said.

"Of course,” she said, her eyes getting wider; mischievous...

We were going to dinner with the Fun Holiday gang later, as it was Andy/Patty’s last night on the rock. In order to give us time to shower and such, Lisa rang Shane…and we sat in a completely blissful silence for 30 minutes while we waited…except:

I heard Lisa humming a tune she’d heard me trying to write lyrics to the previous few days…and it made me feel good. I’d have to share this part of my trip/story with my friend Bill, who wrote the guitar parts!

HALFMOON BEACH QUICK REVIEW: The food was great, the beach and grounds amazingly clean, no hassles/great and low key vibe. Lunch and a few drinks (2 people...and about 4-5 hours there) cost less $35 (using the beach is free if you eat there). $20ish for a charter cab round-trip. This was one of those “must do” activities for me this reach. It is right up my alley. Halfmoon Beach will see me again, that is for sure.

Next: a new music video. And "Debauchery Dinner" Fun Holiday style

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - brasi - 06-19-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBcUhDK48Lc&feature=youtu.be

One of my besties, Marley. We've gone through a lot of bs over the last few months. I can tell you she's among the sweetest people in the world. There are people you meet in life that you were "supposed to"...for me she is one of those people and a sister from anotha mudda, for real.

Marley was nice enough to offer me this tour of Sagi, at Catcha, in April 2012. She and her husband Raul organized the Chicken trip; and were instrumental in the Bellyflop coming off as well as it did. In fact: Raul (Ninja) is the 2012 Bllyflop Champion. DA CHAMP.

This is Part 1 of the tour. Part 2 soon, friends.