The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 (/showthread.php?tid=48828)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - BrenJaLee - 05-17-2012

LOVE that pic of your girl Brasi. I think having her silhouetted in the shot makes it even better. And loving your report. Keep it going! I'll be on the rock in 2 days so I'm in big time Pre-NS right now.

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - brasi - 05-17-2012

yamangurl: i knew of this site for a long time... after I tried to call myself a Jamerican on another board and it came out ********* ... I used Google to see wtf ...found this site ... decided to post here after reading some posts awhile ago ... it seemed as if this site is for those who may have a bit more Jamaican pavement under their feet ... not a good or bad thing cool thing or uncool thing just a ting LOL

Tx for reading!

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - Sharleen - 05-17-2012

for sure try and repost some of your other trip reports here.
And Brasi "watch out for those black bears" that seem to be descending on our area in droves!
In the particular area where I live (Brasi too) we have had a pretty unprecedented week of black bears showing up in the various towns and cities around here, even in urban areas. There was just one in Brasi's area today. There was another one today on the campus where I work, several months ago they sedated him, drove him 90 miles into the mountains & he returned today. They shot this bear, really F'd UP in my opinion! (University of Albany campus, Albany NY). The bear is North Greenbush was shot with a dart and will be transported into the Catskill Mountains.

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - brasi - 05-18-2012

Tammy:
I do appreciate a place to post my new reports. I think it's a shame that any drama exists and I try hard not to associate with it. Sorry to bring it up, but someone asked how I ended up posting here.

Calendar girl:
LOL too funny! be good! LOL

Sharleen:
I don't know your situation so forgive me if I am being forward or whatever but I am totally excited that someone 'here' lives near me...I am down whenever for a SUB/STRIPE and to chat about Ja. I am totally safe, haha, despite what you may hear. I am a sweetheart. A nerd in all actuality.

Juli:
Hi! (: Miss you dude.

Brasi Trip Report April 2012 #3 Sad State of Affairs at 'Beach Place'

After midnight. Two gorgeous women in my room...(easy fellas, not like that)

Knock! Knock!

“Who’s that, Alex?” asked Lisa, eyes big.

She had a cold Red Stripe in her hand and was handing a second one to her friend ‘Sonya,’ a light-skinned, stocky and incredibly gorgeous friend Lisa had asked back for a beer at our room at “Beach Place.” A good gesture for a friend, and great chance for drinking more beer for me. LOL

I thought maybe Tattoo had found me or one of the crew had decided to stop by.

I answered the door. Immediately, I recognized the security guard from the resort.

“Your friends must leave,” said the guard. “No unregistered guests are allowed in the hotel at night.”

Lisa was registered. ‘Sonya’ was not. I mean. I'd love to have ESP and have the ability to tell you who I am gonna be hanging out with PRIOR to going out, but...

“Listen, thanks for coming up but we’re cool,” I said. “She’s all set, see?”

Lisa held up the bright green wrist band I’d given her a few hours ago. We’d met up by prior plan at Roots. She was taxiing in from Mandeville and had only a rough idea of when she’d get to town. I’d provided the front office with her ID and paid in full for my week-long stay at the place at check in. I was starting to get pissed.

“She must leave, and her friend too,” said the guard. He cracked a little smile, making that assumption I know 95% of people make when I hang out with females that happen to be Jamaican.

Here’s where I should interject my thoughts on the Rent-A-Dread, working girl, Jamerican/farrin/Ja lady/white boy relationships.

Who cares. That’s right. Who cares. It’s nobody’s business. If I see a farrin and Jamaican together, I smile because I know what courage it takes just to not give a f*ck.

But I will tell you that:

1. If you HAVE to pay for company in Jamaica…you have issues. LOL

2. At the same time, if you’re a guy and not willing to wine and dine a girl and treat her like a queen ---ANYWHERE--- good luck getting a date ANYWHERE. If you are willing to in Jamaica…you won’t be alone very often. LOL

3. Reality check: If you (I) meet a nice person, but are getting on a plane in 12 days to go home, aren't MOST relationships in that setting FLEETING regardless? I mean it can happen but...SHE will still be here doing whatever after departure. You (I) will be in the U.S./Farrin doing our/my thing. Can people be more than friends, or JUST friends? Can they be sexually involved or not, without being in everlastingly love? I think so. Both sides are in the same boat. Obviously it's beneficial in the short term somehow for both parties.

4. If folks DO have an issue, take your moral high road out to dry as you smoke you illegal spliffs. Everyone involved in my trip reports are GROWN.

I'm venting. Whew.

In any case, the guard starting talking about calling the police. So Lisa…a single mom, who works at a bar for very little money, is almost in tears because she thinks she has to cab all the way back to Mandeville at 12:30 am. She’d came in last week and stayed with me at Seastar for two nights with no problems. No way was she leaving town this late, even if I had to move somewhere else.

“Hey, she’s not leaving,” I said. “We’ve been planning this since I met her last trip,” I said.

Another little weasel smile. But Lisa seemed to relax.

“Call the manager,” I said.

An hour later we are still standing OUTSIDE the hotel, 1 AM, waiting for the manager to call back. Finally, when he did, I asked for my money back. The tones changed. Quickly, amends were made and it was said to be a “misunderstanding.”

No. It may have been a miscommunication; but I was gonna tell this guy the truth. And the truth is...some spots in Negril have very racist policies.

“I registered my guest at the beginning of my stay. The receptionist said it was fine and GAVE me a WRISTBAND for her at check in!" I said.

(the resort offers Happy Hour deals to guests only).

"I’ve known her for almost two years. Let me be honest, if she wasn’t black, there would not have been a problem, and you know it,” I said.

“I understand why you are upset,” said the manager. “I apologize. She can stay.”

The rest of the week was smooth.

But I won’t stay there again. This is vacation. I don’t love to have to register guests. But where it is required I do so out of respect and safety. But this would not fly in the U.S. because it’s plain out discrimination.

And oh yeh: they still made 'Sonya' leave. I hugged her and gave her the $J she needed to get back to Mandeville. And I still felt horrible.

Next up: The Jungle with GerryG123 and Crew

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - lurkerjuli - 05-18-2012

Brasi, Miss you too. (Note, I'm a dudette). Doctoro, I'll be there in December, would love meeting you. Next reach is in August. Let's hear more about this trip...

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - irieworld - 05-18-2012

Brasi, I was wondering when we would hear from you! I am psyched you found this board and are sharing your trip as it started to become a looming question mark as many other reports surfaced. I am eeking by through my serious Negril long term withdrawal with others stories and photos.

I think the belly flop video with music is on you tube--maybe someone can link it here, it is hilarious.

I understand your frustration with some attitudes regarding from foreign with JA friends/girlfriends/boyfriends, what have you. I have experienced it first hand.

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - Romae - 05-18-2012

Brasi, I was tempted to comment on your comments about "some spots in Negril have racists policies". This is something that angers me about some spots in Negril so I will just agree with your statement and keep it moving.

Waiting patiently for your report, always nice to read a report from a male's perspective, sure you will not disappoint.

Flop links coming soon and a trip report of that day!

Macy that's terrible. But sorry for going off. Just seemed stupid when I did the right thing. I had a great time otherwise!

Here's a pic of Belmont:

Re: Brasi Trip Report April 2012 - calendar+girl - 05-18-2012

calendar girl and alex at the flop