The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
disturbing & horrific news - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: disturbing & horrific news (/showthread.php?tid=46675)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: disturbing & horrific news - Sophie - 04-06-2012

As Mickey, Pineapple and I all sit here this morning catching up on the board we all have just one thing to say---------

ALL HAIL MONK!!!!!

Re: disturbing & horrific news - Sundowner - 04-06-2012

From OG.NR this morning:

"Confirmed: PM Portia Simpson-Miller has stated that her administration will be putting in measures to protect children in Jamaica.

Speaking at a road safety poster competition at Jamaica House recently, the Prime Minister stated that Jamaicans should feel a sense of shame, following the reported abuse of children and says she has had dialogue with Justice Minister Mark Golding, to review relevan...t laws, along with the Children's Advocate to implement measures to help change the culture of silence on child abuse.

"We are not going to allow anyone, and we will be holding parents and guardians responsible, as well as the offenders, who must never escape serious punishment, for hurting a child, " said PM Simpson-Miller."

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=656241275#!/onthegroundnews

Re: disturbing & horrific news - monk - 04-10-2012

this is a huge issue- so many of my friends grew up without parents,even to this day some have not seen their mother or father in years...

but one would conversely think it should be safe to leave one's child with family...

the economy must be transformed before that issue can be resolved.

on another note, it seems like all many citizens want to do is pray the problem away.

wish that would work. it's my least favorite reaction for people to have, it accomplishes jacksquat, clearly. obviously a lot of people are already praying that it doesn't happen to no result.

Re: disturbing & horrific news - suzengrace - 04-15-2012

Yeah Jitters-how awful you have to be a witness to this horror...

one thing when its out in the country and another thing when its perpetuated by the scum-bag tourists (and NO WAY am I saying one is less then the other-am sure you all know where am coming from)..

I too hope the rest of our trip was good....

Re: disturbing & horrific news - wit - 04-15-2012

Medi....you can be right or you can stay alive. Sad

WE cannot SAVE jamaica. After over 3 decades I finally realize this. Macy has told me this for years.

Re: disturbing & horrific news - rootswoman - 04-17-2012

Sexual abuse of children has been going on forever. The only difference is that we are educated about it. It has only been since Oprah publicly admitted her abuse that it has been talked about.

For example, In the 1800 children were treated like adults -they were to "be seen , not heard" They were sent off to work in dangerous places. They also couldn't get pregnant.

I can only imagine what sort of liberties slave owners took upon children. I watched an old movie set in Jamaica a few months ago on TV. There was a scene where they had a little boy at the end of a slave owners bed used as a human foot warmer. Something told me that was not the boys only role.

So this horrific stuff is NOT talked about. Most survivors of childhood sexual abuse blame themselves - they always believe they could have stopped it. Therefore it is never admitted - never talked about. The survivor most likely turns to drugs and alcohol to mask their pain.

If people remain ignorant to the ramifications of sexual abuse it will continue.

The more I think about it the more I believe that the rampant homophobia in Jamaica has something to do with this. The homophobia seems to be a legitimate fear of sodomy.

Jitters, I am so very saddened to hear you had to witness that on your hard earned vacation. I would not be able to shake that - I would come home depressed rather than rejuvenated. That poor girls childhood is over. I dont suppose she will know any other life besides that of a hooker.

Jamaica is so bitter sweet -

Re: disturbing & horrific news - rootswoman - 04-17-2012

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/248219.stm
look what is happening in Pasternak

Re: disturbing & horrific news - Lola - 04-19-2012

RW that Pakistan page was a shocker, wow.

Re: disturbing & horrific news - DAWN - 04-19-2012

I read something like this...."building up a child confidence is easier that trying to repair an adults.

Re: disturbing & horrific news - monk - 04-29-2012

http://helpjachildren.fikket.com/event/help-ja-children-march-rally