The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Brown Stew Chicken Recipe? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Brown Stew Chicken Recipe? (/showthread.php?tid=50726)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Brown Stew Chicken Recipe? - Sophie - 06-09-2012

And Mickey is a cookin' fool! Own up everyone~ we are all hella good cooks!Smile

Yes, Doc poor folks the world around know how to stretch food huh? Ham and beans and cornbread was a frequent meal when I was a kid, still love it to this day. Remember jowl bacon? My god it was yummy and cheap, last time I saw it anywhere it was pricey(like everything else). Chicken was so cheap when I was a kid. Oh lord- I remember the summer meals we had......... fried chicken, mashed potatoes, milk gravy, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes and bust a watermelon on the concrete(we had a huge garden). I sure miss the food from those days.

Re: Brown Stew Chicken Recipe? - DAWN - 06-10-2012

I dont think there is a meal that jackie could cook that I wouldn't eat!!! With your photo eye and cooking talent you make everything look mouthwatering. Do you grow your own fresh herbs and which ones?

Re: Brown Stew Chicken Recipe? - Sophie - 06-10-2012

Good job jeannie!

Re: Brown Stew Chicken Recipe? - DAWN - 06-10-2012

Fresh dug spuds..omg I love to pick it and eat it...just stretching this basil and chives to make nice things.

Jeannie- Throw out a ham bone? There should be a law against that!Smile About the brown stew- not trying to tell what to do- just a little tip in case you didn't already know- get that oil REAL hot, like smokin', fry up just a few pieces at a time so that the chicken doesn't sweat and steam instead of fry, and you might want to give that Kitchen Bouquet a shot to get the color you want. Good luck, and keep us in the loop, we all love food it seems.

Doc- this is weird~ of course JIFFY cornbread- and I add a little sugar to the mix. I like it better than home made. Oh and Smokey must have fried potatoes with the ham and beans and cornbread. I have never used anything to brown my roasts or gravy. I just brown the hell out of my meat before baking it. Guess I need to give your way a shot! Crap now I am hungry for smothered steak.

I never would eat brains, tongue or hominy as a kid. Now I don't know why I wouldn't eat hominy~ I need to try it as an adult, probably would like it. I still don't want any of those brains and things though-lol Oh god and that nasty liver and onions- nope.

Doc- check you email, and ohhhhh yes, The darker the roux the better!

Re: Brown Stew Chicken Recipe? - rastagirl777 - 06-12-2012

While my recipe does say to put the fresh tomatoes in the blender (not canned) - I sometimes don't - I chop them up and add them in when I reduce the sauce.

Yeah, the Browning is a pretty key ingredient - PickAPeppa is just not the same flavor.

I personally do not "sweeten" my Brown Stew with ketchup or brown sugar (the person who's "recipe" I originally learned used brown sugar) - I prefer to lightly sweeten it with the sliced carrots.

Brown Stew - Tofu? Can't be bad, right?

Re: Brown Stew Chicken Recipe? - MihMih - 06-12-2012

Doc.. I love Grits, found them once in Megamart, I've been grinding Hominy corn to make them.. I also have been looking for turnip tops. I'm going up in July (I think) I will be bringing Grits and Collard seeds, I'll bring some for you..

Re: Brown Stew Chicken Recipe? - rastagirl777 - 06-13-2012

Jitter, I too am trying to drop some weight and of course I'm on the road in the land of carb. I'm holding strong though!