The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge (/showthread.php?tid=48614)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - giuseppe+spera - 05-20-2012

HI

Re: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - DAWN - 05-20-2012

Sophie you are a hoot...

Re: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - Sharleen - 05-20-2012

I'm not doing so well in the weight loss challenge.... in fact, it's 12:30 at night and I just made myself eggplant parm... I call it my OINK factor. I did though, get a lot of exercise today in working in my yard, but I know "stuffing yourself" before you go to sleep is not a good thing. "you can sure sleep soundly though, after pigging out".... at least I can! My friend Beth stopped by today, she is about two years or so younger than me and was running her daily "12 miles".... unfortunately for me, if I had to run two miles I would probably DROP.
When I am in Jamaica I walk often each and every day and can feel the difference in my body aweight after about three weeks. I used to make myself walk two miles or so daily (at home) but stopped that after I started losing weight and the winter came. I also think I lost a lot of weight because I totally stopped drinking soda. I did weigh myself today & I'm 127.5 pounds and 5'4", not bad BUT my belly keeps getting bigger, which I really need to get control of!!

Re: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - rootswoman - 05-24-2012

ten pounds down ten to go.
I started back swimming and I love to walk -
but the only way I can loose weight at this age is by counting calories.

Re: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - Sharleen - 05-30-2012

I have been too embarassed to reply to this thread - my cousin and her husband were visiting from Barry, South Wales all last week and for sure my entire family over-indulged in too many restaurants, I feel like I gained twenty lbs. or something! They wanted to "experience" an American breakfast diner experience... another night we took them to this fine dining experience jazz super club type of place 'great food' -- my parents took them (and my family) to a very nice in the country Italian restaurant.......... oh my God.......... my cousins can drink up the wine!!
I have no eggplant tonight, but if I did, I would be cooking it up for a midnight snack, just so embarassing really! (it was my daughter's birthday on Monday & I bought a small carrot cake, & had a piece of that) I was able to work a little bit in my garden today after work though, planting more of a variety of various eggplants, so that must have burned up some calories.
I did weigh myself on Sunday night & it was 128 pounds (5'4"Wink so not too bad BUT I can see I am adding on the pounds, at one point I was 145 pounds, like 5 years ago.
I have a very extensive garden that I work on here at my home, lots of perennial flowers and as many vegetables as I can do. My original vegetable garden area is now, all these years later, relatively shaded, so I have had to change locations within my yard and check out the times that the sun will be in a certain area. Some of the trees that were little baby trees when I bought this place are now big and tall shading trees. I think I should get some of them cut down just for sunlight purposes.
I have a great treadmill set up directly behind my computer & I am ashamed to say that I haven't used it in I can't tell you when. When we first had it delivered, I thought it would be "cool" to have it in our office area, a sort of "office set up" room, where our computer is located, former people used it as their "piano room"... I did use it each and every day for quite some time. 7/30/07 I have it taped up above the treadmill 138 pounds. And I was very proud to get down to 138 pounds with a very strict daily walking regiment.
I started losing and losing weight, like 20% of my body weight... this is not a good sign! kind of like a warning sign that you are very ill... my Doctor's did numerous tests for two years and they couldn't find any cause. I went from 145 pounds to 110 pounds... thankfully I am a packrat so I had all these size 8 clothes in a spare closet!

Re: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - Pineapple - 05-30-2012

Haven't been able to jump in here due to being sick. (Upside is I've lost 7 pounds.)

But I am now ready to make some baby steps. I bought a tube for my bike (and a new helmit), I've signed up for Tai Chi (starts Saturday) and have renewed my membership at 20 Minutes to Fitness. How much progress can I make before I blow it all in Jamaica in July?

Re: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - Pineapple - 05-31-2012

Having been diagnosed with Type II diabetes about 2 years ago - I didn't know how I could live without my pasta. But my dietician told me about Dreamfeilds pasta. The glycemic index for it is only 13 vs 38 for regular pasta. And the "digestible carbs" is only 5 vs 41. It also has twice the fiber of regular pasta.

It's really yummy and I can't tell the difference. I'll make a bowl and add veggies and some cheese and think I'm really splurging. The only draw back is you can't reheat it. Has something to do with breaking down the structure or something.

Here's their website.

http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.com/

Re: Anyone Up For A Weight Loss Challenge - giuseppe+spera - 06-11-2012

hey