The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Port Antonio questions - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2011 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Port Antonio questions (/showthread.php?tid=29435)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Port Antonio questions - Yamangurl - 08-28-2011

Ok this is the 8th time I have tried to upload this one image....

bout time, sheesh!

I forget which beach this is....San San? Boston? I know it is NOT Winnifred beach.

This is Long Bay

This is the restaurant at Errol Flynn Marina.

Another view of the marina...

THIS is Winnifred Beach

Re: Port Antonio questions - Yamangurl - 08-29-2011

Thanks Matt, I wasn't sure which beach; it was 2007 last time I visited PA.

Ocean Guest was ok.....very basic room, no AC - fan only.
It was on the 3rd floor of the property; it was clean and the view was stunning but it was inconvenient for meals (had to walk through he neighborhood and into downtown for food), ice for drinks, etc. Don't think I'd stay there again.
I think I paid $40 a night.
I envision OCGH as more for the Hostel style budget traveler.

Re: Port Antonio questions - cinnni - 08-29-2011

Negril isn't out of the question, as a matter of fact because we are financing the airfare and hotel and transportation to the hotel for Christmas/Birthday presents it will probably have to be Negril for financial purposes. We just really wanted to go somewhere new with less hassle, a little more layed back and where we could ALL see some new things (us included).

Port Antonio just seemed to be a decent mix that would allow us all some nightlife still as well as some new experiences for us and the kids. However it sounds like we'll end up staying in Negril again anyway. I was just finally ready to branch out and try someplace different but looks like it might not be this next trip.

Re: Port Antonio questions - Yamangurl - 08-30-2011

Reach Falls....so pretty

Re: Port Antonio questions - Yamangurl - 08-30-2011

Folly Ruins....I imagine they are even more degraded now.

You know the story? A man wanted to build his sweetheart a fabulous villa but he mixed the concrete with sea water which actually breaks down the material and so his villa wasn't even finished before it started crumbling