The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Stop The Music - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Stop The Music (/showthread.php?tid=102515)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Stop The Music - CardBoardBox - 06-06-2019

In February someone local (source unremembered) said an unkind thing about "the Spa" owner lady who had been friendly to all during its construction. The raggie-bus stopped at Crystal's (which used to be the parking lot for OnTheRocks) on its bar crawl. From the video, CCA's, now closed, was the OTR building.

Historically, in the last days of HeartBeat (same 2 acres the Spa is now on), the music from the mobile sound systems (speakers on the roof of car or back of a truck) in OTR's parking lot was directed towards the one building/bar meaning also at HB.
My last stay there (HB) the DJ kept going full blast till 3 AM one night and the music literally rattled the windows in the room.
The OTR owner seemed nice but did not heed my suggestion of vehicle/speaker reorintation so I couldn't care less what happened to them.

RE: Stop The Music - JAMaMa - 06-06-2019

CBB, I am sorry your “one night” experience was so traumatizing that it clouds your receipt of the big picture here. Afterall, this is not about just one establishment, or old bones to pick. I am a bit surprised at your comment, considering how well versed you are on the runnings, and how this has or will effect or is effecting your own friends mentioned. I too (as I am sure everyone else has) had a similar experience, at another establishment, my very first trip to Jamaica. I simply asked, and received another room. Also learned to pack ear plugs and found other more amicable accommodations on every future trip thereby adapting to the environment. Further, the music and the LOCALS vibe are what draws many back.
OT, lol, you remind me of how I was feeling when a certain person was named president. You need not be embarrassed by another’s actions. Sadly we can not control others. This has nothing to do with one’s nationality, but rather ignorance, greed, and narcissistic mentality. Those qualities, unfortunately more and more frequently, can be found everywhere...even in paradise.

RE: Stop The Music - JAMaMa - 06-06-2019

RE: Stop The Music - CardBoardBox - 06-06-2019

Sorry JAM. I thought the conversation drifted to two owners who are diametrically opposed to each other.
The big picture has not been missed. Selective enforcement over the years has been most unfair to almost all involved, similar to the 'no signs' enforcement periods. Music and signs are as much a part of Negril as the tree frogs in quieter areas.

RE: Stop The Music - kylake - 06-07-2019

The Royalton has some loud music (drummer type) about twice a week and it goes on till midnight so I guess they are being given a pass on the early lock down that is unfortunately being experienced by local businesses. Does anyone have a digital copy of the noise abatement regulation? If so please post.

RE: Stop The Music - Firemon - 06-07-2019

I believe this is all the paperwork that is required to lock-down another property's music.

[attachment=2889]

RE: Stop The Music - Westenders - 06-07-2019

Oh yeah , tru dat

RE: Stop The Music - Westenders - 06-07-2019

Kylake im shocked as the Royalton has been dead at ten when we have stayed there
I mean ghost town, everyone in bed

The entertainment finishes at ten

They do have them crappy cultural type shows with drummers, but again done by 10pm

But your general point I agree with the hotels are getting away with different rules

Negril will become a resort destination in the future I am sure,

That’s the master plan

RE: Stop The Music - kylake - 06-07-2019

Quote:Westenders wrote: They do have them crappy cultural type shows with drummers, but again done by 10pm
I know you stay there at times from past threads and I was just stating our experience from last reach of 6 weeks. It appears to be coming from their beach side so not terribly annoying when trying to sleep with the louvers open but would have preferred it stopping at 10pm as you mentioned.
Sad if Negril looses it's local charm as that is the reason we go again and again.
I wondered if Royalton got an ease because it is in Hanover instead of Westmoreland even though still in Negril proper (I think).

RE: Stop The Music - CardBoardBox - 06-07-2019

Kylake, I too would like to read the noise abatement regulation and wonder if it specifies dB levels at various distances.
Important note; I just now extensively rewrote my first paragraph on the top of page two.