Jamericans

Full Version: hearing aids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mud

well,i finally decided to dig into my savings and get some hearing aids.for over 40 years i havent heard a minnesota cricket,or a jamaican tree frog,and i thought that now was the time to take the money that ive been saving up for them and go ahead and buy them,not just for me,but also my wife.she will get her on sept 13th and i will get mine on sept 14th.im almost as excited to get them as i was when our 3 kids were born.i think there is so much that ive been mising all these years, and that i have a lot of catching up to do.so if you see a small bald headed guy walking around with a big ass smile on his face,listening to treefrogs,its me.dont be afraid to say hi,cause im a going to hear you loud and clear.now,i have glasses dentures,AND hearing aids.just like having a new head,that works,lol.i may be ugly,but i have a healthy head now.next up,retirement.ill be down on feb.21 to march 8 this year.cant wait to listen to all the new sounds.

I'm happy for you! Your post made me smile! I had to get glasses a couple years ago. I wear them sometimes but when I DO wear them, I am like "wow, I need to wear these more often." I see so much more with them on! Who woulda thunk it? Smile

i havent heard a minnesota cricket,or a jamaican tree frog,

Tree frogs ? those suckers are loud.....uhh
I am thinking about all the hustle you have never heard..???
..............how wonderful that had to be....lol

Mud, do be prepared to be a bit overwhelmed. When Andy got his aids shortly before his death, he jumped up and said "What's that awful repetitive noise? Make it stop"! It was the dogs claws clicking as she walked across the floor. Then, when he heard the quiet refrigerator running, he thought it was an earthquake or tornado coming Smile It was fun watching him re-discover sound!

Scott wants to know what brand/type you are getting. You know a guy in audiology........ nosy as can be Smile

mud

Scott wants to know what brand/type you are getting. You know a guy in audio

logy........ nosy as can be Smile no i dont know anyone in audiology,and our insurence doesnt pay a dime.total cost was,for the wife 5200 dollars,and for me,6200 dollars.but i dont care,i want to hear again.cant wait for sept 13th and 14th.the wife gets hers on the 13th,i get mine on the 14th