Jamericans

Full Version: Big up to Jamaica Jewel and her yard..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I'm aware that many of you on this board know Jamaica Jewel as a friend, regular contributor to this board and owner/hostess of Jamaica Jewel guest house..
For those of you who don't or are curious I have to say it was a real nice breath of fresh air to hang in her "hood" at Duncans Bay up on the North Coast for a couple weeks..
She and her husband Barry G are two of the best and they got one sweet place right there in Duncans Bay..I have to say that the beach there gives 7 mile a run for its money and NO- not one person ask me to buy a thing-just friendly locals/fisherman going about their business. Not to mention all the excellent street and yard parties we went up to in Clarks town and many points beyond..

Negril was once my home base when In Jam.(first there in 83) but after hearing of some recent things going on up there in the West end my friend decided to pack up and leave(after living-working there for many years)and we decided to get"out-of-dodge" and closer to his yard in Trelawny..Last minute decided to check out Duncans bay for a nice stay..and one of the best moves I could have made..
If you ever had any interest in checking out the N.Coast I say that Duncans Bay and surrounding area is not to be missed...

Just by seeing how JJ "rolls" on this wonderful !!!!! forum, nothing you said surprises me !!!! Good for you !!!!!!! and of course GOOD FOR JJ !!!!!!!!!

I saw on Facebook a link to a realtors ad saying the place was for sale. It made me wonder whagwan and if I would be able to stay there some time in the future. It looks like a beautiful little jewel of a spot.

Looks like a great place.
I have a friend who has been travelling to Jamaica for well over 20 years. He knows many people in Negril, was invited to a wedding for one of the family members that owns 3-dives.
But these days he pretty much avoids Negril, his area now is the Port Antonio section of Jamaica. Last time I talked to him (pretty recently) he told me all Negril is to him now is hookers and thieves. I'm not sure I feel that strongly as I have met several people there I enjoyed and have a few there I could call aquintances, if not friends.
But after our incident last trip we have decided it is time to seek out new experiences and places.
We won't be going to Jamaica at all this winter as we are booked to go to Cuba in November and might be going to Costa Rica at Easter.
But we will probably return the following winter, but this time after leaving the airport we will we heading east, to see what its like to not get asked to buy something every 5 minutes. I have finally figured out going to Negril every trip means we are missing out on so much of the country.
Duncan's Bay looks like a nice place to spend a few days (or more).

Jeannieb.....your not naive YOUR JUST NICE PEOPLE !!!!! Come with me for a lesson in "Get the f*** away from me NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" not very polite but it works well .......so far.