Jamericans

Full Version: A usefull gift ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Going back mon the 15th...Yea! But anyway i try to take my friends mother a usefull item when i go,they live up on the hill in the bush.I thought since they have no elec and im guessing burn fule or wood for light in the house at night.I came across a solar shed light-has a small solar pannel (to put outside) with a 10 ft cord with a light that is = to a 30 watt bulb.Would this be usefull....I try to pretend i live in the bush on the hill and think what would i need.Any other ideas(cant cost alot im a poor broke rass janitor).

That sounds like a great gift to me for someone without electricity -- also always appreciated are flashlights (that you can crank to keep working) as well as the small radio's that supposedly (if they run out of juice you can crank) to maintain them working.

Both great ideas...I hadnt thought of those 2 items!

At Harbor freight.No one elese had them.

Went to get the light,and got the last one the store had.I sat it in the sun for a few hrs(not charged all the way yet)took it in a pitch black room and Im very happy with it .Says 50 min of use per charge .

Talked to my friend today he said his mother did have a ext cord to tap into elec at the house next to her(no cord now)he wanted to know if i could bring a ext cord.They were going to let me know how long of a ext cord it would take.My question is would customs ask what i was doing with such a long ext cord.

I almost always have an extension cord in my luggage - the plugs in most places are never located near to mirrors. I have never been questioned once on why I had that item.

I'll bringing a cord but Im concerned about customs,as ill be packing 22 soccor balls-one cricket bat(larger than i thought they were)tennis balls-solar light -4 pairs of the same hoop ear rings-4 rings(3 of which are the same) The balls are for bounce across jamaica,cricket bat for a very nice young man i met on the beach working his mothers fruit stand......The balls and the bat are what i worried about looseing or paying tax on.Im waiteing to hear from the man who does the bounce across jamaica so i can ask him what to say if i get pulled into the declare lines.I do have paper work that balls were donated from school i work at but i dont think that would cut it at customs.

Hello, this is Mrs. Stuck, replying for the Mr...

The problem we're having, is the cricket bat is not allowed as a carryon and must go in a suitcase. Due to other items we must bring, we can't mix the balls amongst our belongings, so all the sports equipment must remain together. Stuck will have to carry on his clothes and I will be bringing kitchen utensils, as we aren't going to an all-inclusive. Stuck wants to know if he should bring one check stub to prove he works for the church/preschool whose donations we will be bringing.

Thanks for your help!

I had preschool director write up a letter on school/church letter head saying that it was raised by bike a thon and donated for the children of bounce across jamaica project and I have a copy of the interview with Don B the guy that runs the project..Thank all of you for your replys mi stress has gone away..lol. One last question,do you have to declare your script pain meds(narcotic)if in orig container.I only cary enough for each day.I thought that form they give before landing said you did dont wanna declare anything i dont have to.Thanks again!

Pages: 1 2