Jamericans

Full Version: Surfing in Jamaica
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Yes, there is surfing in Jam. Just need to head to the east side of the island and check out Boston Bay beach and Long bay too (instructors and board rentals there).Growing up near the beaches in So Cali and doing a little surfing myself it was fun to talk to the surfers in Jamaica-and delightful to see a few Jam.girls out there catching the waves....

My favorite side of the island! We usually stay in Fairy Hill which is between Port Antonio and Boston Bay. Went to Boston Bay to watch and play in the ways with my kids but that day there wasn't a surf Sad We'll go again, someday!

Wow Matt..Too cool..When I go to the Kingston area I will be on the look-out (if the waves are good) for those surfers..You have some great shots..Love them..

One reason why I love this board-get to come across places I'm not familiar with ..
Thanks again Matt and Liz-Surf camp jam session-looks like my place to hang out. (where exactly is it?-I will be doing a facebook search for sure)

And yeah, everyone should try to get out of the resort towns at least on one visit and go visit the other sides of the island..You'll be amazed at the diversity of the scenery as well as the "vibes"..