Jamericans

Full Version: Sharing.....My Book...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Probably some of you are aware, but most don't know that I have written and self-published a book about the financial abuse of seniors.

It's not something that I promote, and I have mostly gifted it to people who I have felt a connection with in Negril.

The financial abuse of seniors is not a pleasant topic and neither is my story. Myself and my clients became victims of a preditor of sorts....not even knowing it was happening until it was too late, but it took its toll.

Little do we realize, financial abuse of seniors is happening all around us every minute of the day, by caregivers, friends and family, and most never know it.

Trust in others is a lovely sentiment and I still stand by that, but 'All is not what it seems to be', and...'Some are not who they profess to be.'
We all come across 'sociopaths' in our lives, more that you would ever imagine. They are are smart, cool and polished people, scamming our families and loved ones out of life savings.

My book is called 'Caregviver or Taker' which I wrote in 2009. Writing was never my calling, but this was a story I had to tell.

I just found out that my book is now available on Iphone, Ibook, Ipad etc....now so easy to download and read.

Sorry if I rambled on a bit....but financial senior abuse is unacceptable and dear to my heart...and if you realize how often it happens and goes unpunished, you would surely be shocked.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/caregiver-or-taker/id443633034?mt=11

Looks like a very righteous book & topic, Spratters. I'm glad that you wrote it! Big UP to you for doing so!

well done Sprat. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Congrats Sprat on your achievement and for shining light and knowledge on the issue.