Jamericans

Full Version: Speaking of Jettys-does anyone remember
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

The wall between Donaldson's and what is now the Palms?

There was some spatting between the two properties so the "paradise view" people put up one big cement wall to separate the properties.

That wall was big trouble between the two...it was built right down to the water line. Well if you remember the wall..you remember when the beach disappeared in that area..way down past Tree House.

How many time you had to walk in the water just to get around it. Slab by slab it was washed away in the water..now it's back a ways and it seems the sand is coming back.

Mas Lestor, who was an old fisherman from Negril said that when you mess with mother nature..you get trouble. Even back then he was concerned about the damage just that one wall would do in changing the flow.

i do not remember that one but seen the same happen at another resort...now that cement wall is at sea somewhere...ivan took it, yes mother nature will reclaim...the river that came through my yard during nicole i find out someone(s) decided to do some dredging...didnt work, back fired, hmmmm