Jamericans

Full Version: Negril Farmers Market
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Yesterday afternoon while I was walking over the bridge in Negril I came upon the Farmers Market sponsored by RADA. I was there about 4 pm, but It was obvious to me that earlier in the day the place was hopping. I was thrilled to purchase some of the prettiest zucchini, crook neck squash and eggplant that I've ever seen in Jamaica. I spoke to the RADA person who said, they hope to keep the market once a week in Negril. He said he wasn't sure that it would always be on Wednesday, but when you're in town, check it out. Just by the public beach past the craft market coming from town.

I meant to add, for those who don't know, RADA is Rural Agricultural Development Authority, a govt run office, there is a RADA office in every parish in Jamaica.

~ LeeAnne ~ wrote:

'They hope to keep the market once a week in Negril. He said he wasn't sure that it would always be on Wednesday, but when you're in town, check it out.'

Thanks for the info LeeAnne....we'll check it out...BTW...nice looking garden egg!! LOL

wow that is a nice eggplant!