Jamericans

Full Version: 2010 Trip Report #2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I really don’t remember a whole lot about arriving at Sunset, except that I fell asleep sitting up in a chair in the office checking in. They had to gently wake me up, LOL! After dispensing with that, I went back to our room on the leeward side of a separate cottage, where mom & I unpacked just enough to feel at home. Our room was wonderful; we had an extremely comfortable king-sized bed, ample space for 2 people to unpack & put things out, a large bathroom that included a coffee-maker and you could see the sea from the bed through the double French doors.

Dying to get into bed, we made it over to the wonderful Sunset Resort dining area, where we had an incredible dinner of a wonderful salad & dressing, Grilled Kingfish, perfectly-cooked vegetables & rice ‘n’ peas. Well-fed, we climbed into bed, with the soothing sounds of the sea coming from the front door.

The next morning, this is the 1st view I had, from the bed:

Mom had been up for a couple of hours & was out on the verandah with some Blue Mt. coffee, reading the Gleaner & loving it. She left the French doors open for me to see that view!

Here are some other views from in front of our verandah:

And here is the cottage we stayed in, left/west side, looking back from the edge above the sea:

We sat on the verandah, mom w/ her coffee, & me w/ my Earl Grey tea, just soaking the place up. There’s no finer place to start your day than this!! After a coupla hours of that, we went over to the Sunset Resort restaurant for our breakfast, which was included in the price of our room. We had THE best breakfasts there; you can order anything you want from the menu & it’s a part of the plan! We always shared a fruit plate (yum!), had either pineapple or orange juice & then either had eggs, bacon & toast or the French toast, which was excellent. As we were eating, we got to see the staff preparing the place for a wedding that was to be held there later on that afternoon:

They fixed the place up beautifully.

Mom & I took a walk along the road west into “town.” We went to Jack Sprat’s & decided to return here for dinner that night. Before leaving there, I walked mom down to the sea, and had her sit on a rock & immerse her feet in the sea water, as they were swollen from traveling the day before. We then went back to the road & walked beyond Frenchman’s Bay, then turned around & came back. The wedding ceremony, between a beautiful Jamaican woman & a man from Kingston, was getting going. We purposely stayed out of the way, but had a great view of the ceremony from our verandah. Beautiful, happy event! Mom & I took showers & then laid around the rest of the afternoon.

We walked the mere 5 minutes to Jack Sprat for dinner – GREAT atmosphere!! We had a fantastic salad made w/ local lettuces & veggies & the lobster dinner w/ rice ‘n’ peas. For dessert mom had pistachio & I had chocolate ice cream, which was excellent.

Back at the resort, we made our Relaxing Tea & sat on our verandah, talking & laughing together, while the wedding was winding down. It had been a delightful 1st full day pon de island!

Thanks for part 2. You make me want to head out a little more.

Great report and pics Jenny....
Looks like you and mom sure know how to kick back and relax.
The cottage looks so cute!

Thanks for sharing Smile