Jamericans

Full Version: I was told I just Dont get IT!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Yes By a cousin on my husbands side. She, we will call her Anna Is half Black, Moma Hispanic daddy Black. Anna looks totally black.not half. Well she had a daughter 4 years ago Which I raised since she was 2 weeks old, till like a month ago. Long Long story..

But any way the little girl we will call Lucy she has a black daddy. Lucy calls me NaNa and Hubby Tata
She is Very close to us and 'see's us like her own parents or even grandparents.

When she was two and could talk we all were at the mall shopping and Anna tells me, You just dont get it do U? I was like what ? Anna said, Dont you see all the People stare at you when You kiss lucy hug Lucy Yell at lucy? I was like No,,,, I dont see them staring at me.

She said it doesnt bother you at all? And me still with a huge question mark??? NO, I dont see Nothing or hear nothing. I love this little girl thats it.

Lucy no Longer lives with me but comes to see me often. Her moma decided she would take her and become a real moma and they are both doing great!!

I do hear allot of people that are prejudice And I agree it can be the upbringing in the family life. We as parents should lern to teach our children different that we are all people different in many ways But we are all Human and bleed the same color red!!

A poster even said to me once Be cause I said My husband looks Indian. That thats probley why we get treated so much better in Jamaica. Well That statement told to me. issssss. Well to be honest I didnt know how to take it.

SO the question is what? or Who? makes you feel that there are prejudice ways in Jamaica What do they say? What do they do?

I am being totally honest!!! I HAvnt seen see it.

whoah....that poster was me and that's not exactly what I said.

I asked you a question I believe. Neither of you are blonde white skin with blue eyes correct? Your hubby looks more east Indian and I asked if you thought that's why you/he doesn't have the same experiences as some of us.

Same thing as Doc and I will NEVER have the same experiences.

It wasn't a personal thing and it's NOT racism. It's honesty and perspective.

The predjudice is different in Jamaica than in the US. US is a White man's land, overwhelmingly, although, in certain parts, it has become quite mixed, racially. Blacks have always been in the minority in the US, so, therefore they experience Black/White predjudice.

In Jamaica, the majority is Black, so the predjudice is different, but still there. The lighter the skin, the easier to get jobs in high places. If you would be able to view a panorama of pics of all the money people in Ja., plus the main players in politics & high offices, I think that the majority of them would have lighter skin....mind you, not ALL, but the majority. The lighter skinned folks are decendants of European slave masters who came to Jamaica & bred with their slaves, producing a lighter set of people. They were more priviledged from the start because they came from $ folks & looked more like $ folks.

I have really no facts to back this up....it is just my assumption & it makes sense to me. For many years now, it is the White folks who have the money & the power, so it would make some kind of sense that Black people would want to breed with a lighter skin person to produce a lighter skinned baby so that child has the "priviledge" associated with lighter skin.

SOME folks (White) who come to Jamaica are totally overwhelmed by being surrounded by a different race of people because it makes them feel "powerless" (I am just guessing here, because I do not have that feeling)

Seveen....am I even coming close to any logical explanation of ANYTHING here? What are your thoughts, or anyone elses for that matter?