Jamericans

Full Version: Auto-Flowering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Noticed one of my Pine Tar plants starting to flower despite lights being on 16 hrs/day. Always had to induce the bloom cycle via photoperiod adjustment with my Jack Herer Blueberries.

Time to get out my magnifying glass and get to sexing this crop. Gonna take a closer look at the Royal Cherries too.
There are no autoflower genetics in either of them. I don't run auto's at all, I don't like them. 

That said, the Pine Tar will start flowering if it gets rootbound. It's a pretty common trait in Afghani based genetics. I ran a ton of both this year, had no hermies. Several others have as well, I have heard of no hermies in any of them. 

edit; thinking about it for a minute... for the Pine Tar it sort of makes sense, with 8 hours of dark. Indoors, I've always run mine on 20 hours light/4 dark for veg. But outdoors, it's one that always starts flowering early, and finishes well before the others. So I think if you kick your light hours up to 18-20 for veg, it'll stop. But also check to make sure it isn't root bound, as that can also trigger early flowering. Glad to see you're running them, I found a few pretty special ones in the Pine Tar cross you have.
You nailed it. It was root-bound. To be honest all of them are begging to be re-potted. Gonna switch to 12 hr light cycle, cull the males (with two exceptions), repot the females for 6-8 weeks blooming, and set up two private nurseries to produce fresh Pine Tar and Royal Cherry seeds. Grow room nirvana.
FM What a " farmer " your turning into !!!!! hehehe !!!!!

Good luck with the seed increase! My humble advice would be to pick your very best, smelliest female that grows bushy, without a primary top cola (talking the Pine Tar cross here), and your most vigorous, smelly stemmed male and just use those two. The seeds you have are F1 generation, you will be making F2's, which will show some wild variation in the progeny. This is a good thing, as you'll get selections that run the gambit of the parent/grandparent plants. When you get to that point, send me some pics, and I'll help you choose the most "Pine Tar" type plants to work with from there. Then you can actually breed a stable line, with reliably consistent results. It's a lot of work, man, but worth it. 

I'll get you and N75 (and OT, if you're interested buddy) some Jamaican seeds to play with, they're all ready. Got more than I expected, so I can share a few around. 
Greetings Y'all! I thought you might get some laughs out of this one!! I own property in whats known as DownEast Maine. I am 20 miles from the Bay of Fundy and and 25 miles from the border of New Brunswick, Canada. It is in Washington County the poorest county in the state. The closest town to my land is Machias, a small town with 2 banks and 3 gas stations (no stop lights). Not sure of the exact population. Last week the cups busted 3 Chinese nationals living in a farm house with a barn. Inside the cops found 2,600 mature ganja plants and 100 lbs of processed weed.

As I googled the exacts of the bust I can across additional articles that exposed a web of rural properties (estimated at 300) purchased by Chinese nationals mostly from NYC who buy up distressed property throughout Maine and gut them as an illegal grows.

Maine has been a leader in legalizing weed in the Northeast US and as such the cops haven't been too focused on this particular enterprise. But those who have invested in the legal marijuana businesses in the state are no faced with severe black market week driving the price at the pump below their profit thresholds.

Meanwhile the owners of the illegal grows are installing 400 amp electrical service and multiple heat pumps to regulate continuous temperatures for 12 month multiple crop growing. A $200,000 farm house is pushing out north on 1 Million a year from each location.

Although I am not keen on seeing foreign invasions of illegal grow houses I guess you have to give some credit for their seeing the lax law enforcement and exploiting the loop holes. I do feel very bad for those legal business people who invested considerable capital in what they anticipated was going to be a gold mine when the laws changed allowing then opportunities in the market place.
The business model upon which all these investors went into the marijuana business was flawed. You cannot expect the price of a commodity to remain static after being legalized. A significant percentage of the price of weed was its outlaw component, which limited availability. Risk. Now that it's legal...and after all it is a plant anyone can grow...there's no reason it should remain expensive. Anticipate pot will eventually cost only slightly more than cigarettes (less demand).
As far as market pricing goes, it's actually the big companies driving down the price... not the black market. But media stories are usually written to put the "illicit" market in a bad light, plus there's the Chinese angle... so they become the big baddie, not the soulless corporations that are doing actual damage to the entire cannabis community, gene pool, spreading viruses around the country, etc... The black market will always take what people are willing to pay. Companies come in with "business plans" to take a loss for a couple/few years, depending how deep their pockets are. Put the little guys out of business, then they own the market. It's what has happened in every legal state so far, some to worse degrees than others, based on how their laws were set up. The Chinese have been doing this all over the country, for years. They move where the money is best, turn and burn, keep moving.