Jamericans

Full Version: Negril music 2023-24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is a Monday-Friday listing of where music will be 2023 - winter 2024
This does not include special events.
[attachment=3096]
Thanks. I had compiled a much less complete guide. Can't wait to re-experience as many venues as I can this season.
Your going to be busy !!!!
Firemon, You really do need to catch Chicago Joe and Vinnies on a Tuesday or Saturday whichever works best for you. Charella has a good mix for their evening show and of course Boat Bar and if you are there on Wed we usually move from there over to Rondels Happy Hour (starts at 5pm) and can still hear the music fine but also can carry on a conversation with friends without shouting :-) Another plus is watching DeRoy the bartender do his thing. He is one great bartender to watch.

OT, Yes we will be busy but have much more time available so we can visit several, but over time. Also planning (not sure it will happen) a trip over Valentines back to Treasure Beach for a few days.
Chicago Joe/Vinnies not on the schedule. Person/Place? Who/Where? Musical style?

The afternoon music venues are my favorite. Typically overlap with watching sunsets.
Looking forward to returning to Drifters next month. A fun way to spend an afternoon. Might have to try out one or two others on the list.
Quote:Firemon wrote: Chicago Joe/Vinnies not on the schedule. Person/Place? Who/Where? Musical style?
Look again on the schedule on Tuesday and Saturday I am pretty sure Vinnies is listed. Chicago Joe is there regular musician but just like Drifters some others may go on the stage. The music style is blues mostly. The location is on the West End but not very far out and before you get to Canoe. I believe years ago it was Sunset After Dark location?? Food is good and not priced to bad also if you are hungry when you are there.
[attachment=3100]
Aha! Making me get out my reading glasses. I stand corrected. Vinnie's is on the schedule for Tuesdays. Location doesn't look too bad. (I'm not a Westender.)

P.S. You sure do have some fancy map skills!
Firemon, those shows will probably way past my bedtime. Ones where the headliner is supposed to come on at 10pm and you are lucky if they show up by midnight.
As far as map skills google maps makes it pretty easy. Vinnies was on beach road across from Chances but someone new bought Chances and they owned the property where Vinnies rented/leased and they booted them out or forced out with high rent. The new location is a 2 route taxi ride for me but the music combined with good food and a beautiful location I believe it will be well worth it.
Pictures in order: View, Chicago Joe with guitar, Stage area
[attachment=3102]
[attachment=3103]
[attachment=3104]
Pages: 1 2