Jamericans

Full Version: Tears for the Neighborhood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It is with an extremely heavy heart that I share this news - Colin Lynch, owner of Out of Town Pastry on the West End was shot and killed last night at his store/home. In front of his daughter by three masked gunmen on motorcycles.

We've known Colin and his family for many years, his shop is a cornerstone in our neighborhood. This man was well respected in his community, his church - he was a beloved husband and father. He was our friend.

It's 6:45am and I've been on Skype and Facebook with my friends and neighbors; this one is shaking everyone to the core. They heard the shots in my yard...and shocked to learn how close they really were both physically and emotionally.

Colin will be missed by all of us. Please send healing prayers to his family and friends. And while I hope these guys are caught and hung I know better and can only hope that Karma will catch up with them someday.
We heard late last night....so sad...R I P Colin Lynch!!! Prayers sent for the family and friends of this wonderful man!!! So senseless!!!
Stop the MADNESS!!!!
This is the third time in less than a week for one reason or the other I am saying RIP

To family and friends, my thoughts are with you.

To his daughter, no child should ever have to witness this.

To those who remind us that this happens elsewhere, KMT!
Heard about this last night from Connie, had no idea they were cousins......

So sad and so unnecessary. RIP sir
He was a very nice man, and I so enjoyed coming to Out of Town Pastry, especially at 8:30 a.m. when the patties and loaves were just out of the oven. He was featured a lot in many of my trip reports on Trail of Ashes.

So sad. I don't think I will be returning to Negril for a long time. It's getting too dangerous.

[attachment=1103]
RIP !!!! Was it a murder or robbery ??
Murder. Apparently no robbery last night. He'd been robbed several weeks ago though.

Everyone in my neighborhood heard the shots, phones were burning up checking on each other. Yes, Booger, Connie and Colin were related - there are a few original Negril families - the Lynches being one of them. Such a tragic loss, the neighborhood is in shock, some waking up and finding this out as they do.
Wonder if he was being extorted or "taxed" by thugs.
Very sad indeed. My heart goes out to the Lynch Family. I so worry about my Family members and friends that have little shops around Negril.
Here's what's so senseless - Colin was a real stand-up guy. I know him and his family personally and as weird as this is going to sound he is probably the last guy that would get shot...ah, but he did. And the big question, always in a tragic circumstance is WHY. WHY HIM. My entire neighborhood is in shock and disbelief - WHY HIM????

Gerry, I think you watch too many movies - I don't believe that crap about "taxes" and other "mob type" shit. Colin's family is Negril Original - his shop and his home has been in that same spot for decades. He grew up playing in that yard. The fucked up thing about all of this is that it could be as senseless as wanting to eliminate a witness to a robbery, perhaps a witness to a robbery that actually went to the police. Who knows, we'll never know. All I know at this point this morning is that a father lay dying in his shop while his daughter watched. It angers and saddens me at the same time. And an entire family and neighborhood is in mourning today.
Pages: 1 2 3 4