The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
TR Part 3 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2011 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: TR Part 3 (/showthread.php?tid=9494)

TR Part 3 - Winni - 01-13-2011

One of things on my list this trip was to get a barbecue made of some type. We had been going over and over whether we wanted to do it in block or a barrel. Once we made the decision that it might be cheaper and less work to get a barrel made we went with it. I wanted to try and get it done so that we would have it for Christmas Day which might be to high an expectation but we were gonna try.
First stop, hardware store. Need to purchase a barrel. For some reason and I cant recall why, we decided go to the hardware closer to Sheffield. No barrel. Man came yesterday and purchased the last three as he was trying to get his boat off the beach and into the water. I can be stubborn at times and I find when I am in JA, its rare that I am not in a state of planning. Always planning. Probably too much so. However, I suggested we go to Little London and see what we could find there. Sure enough, we found barrels sitting right in the yard and out we got and purchased one for 1000J. Through it in the back of the car and back we went to Negril to find a welder. By the way, if anyone is thinking about getting a barrel made, you should do it soon. The woman at the hardware mentioned it was going to be harder and harder to get barrels as things are being shipping in plastic more and more. Anyhoo off we go back to Negril, Felix isn’t very happy with one of the welders in Redground as he has been giving him a bit of a run around with his own barrel, so we decide to try another. Nope, not there, took his lady to Sav. Tried another welder, he can cut the barrel in half but he doesn’t have what it takes to finish it. No point in doing this, as we will pay him for what he does and the whomever does the rest will want all of the original price. Well, guess it is on to the welder that Felix isn’t happy with. Drive up the lane and low and behold is Felix’s assortment all there nice and shiny and finished. Ok, better vibes now, we will leave the barrel with this welder. Barrel dropped off, things are looking good for Christmas day.
Christmas day – Another item on my list was to have a large Jamaican dinner with our friends. We had already brought down, a three foot prelite Christmas tree for the house, a 6 ft litup spiral tree for the yard, candycanes for the neighborhood kids and finger puppets. I waivered between going out for Christmas dinner but the more we thought about it, why not have a friends over and do Christmas in the yard? We now discuss the menu. Felix doesn’t eat beef or pork and I am adamant I want a traditional, or as close as we can get, Jamaican Christmas Dinner. So, Felix orders the goat for Christmas day. Goat is not all that easy to get and it is best to order in advance. 7lbs coming up! Then off to Value Master again and order 30 pds of frozen chicken. Should have seen the look on the man behind the counter. Big eyes, but of course trying to be cool LOL! Note: over 10pds you pay wholesale price, so it is cheaper then pulling outta the freezer. Next day on to SAV for more veggies and on the way back stop at the Icecream Depot and get 3 gallons of icecream for 1300j. Vanilla finish, so we get CookiesnCream. Come home unload.
Next: Christmas Day and a surprise guest!

Re: TR Part 3 - ohliz - 01-13-2011

Nice!!

Re: TR Part 3 - Tammy - 01-13-2011

I find when I am in JA, its rare that I am not in a state of planning. Always planning. Probably too much so.

LOL I agree .. Always got a list a mile long. Soon you will be able to go more and plan less because hopefully everything be done. Wink