The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Mommy update for those who are interested... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2011 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Mommy update for those who are interested... (/showthread.php?tid=9292)

Mommy update for those who are interested... - Jamaicame - 01-10-2011

Mommy is doing great, she has (so it seems) decided that this is her home. She's happily taken the place of 2nd female dog in the pecking order after a little bit of "argument" between my "girls" and she gets along great with the "boys."

Mommy (which has become her name as unfortuante as it is to my husband) is quite healthy, just finishing up some antibiotics and then we'll be able to get her fixed.

She's definitely decided she is MY dog, follows me everywhere, constantly wants to be pet, is constantly licking me and will let me do just about anything to her (ie pry open her mouth to look inside, bathe her, etc.), she fights back but but never growls or bites at me. Its obvious beyond measure that she's now VERY happy where she's at and it's been such a big change from this dog I could hardly touch to this dog that instantly rolls on her back to get her tummy rubbed and is licking my hand.

Mommy... well she still has issues with other people, though they seem to be slowly lessening. My husband and her just sort of stay away from each other (hubby isn't exactly happy to have her around but he's dealing) and she does ocassionally growl at him. I had some people come a couple days ago to work on bathroom and with both of them out of nowhere she snarled very meanly like she would have bit one of them (far enough away that she wasn't biting anyone or anything)but then started to whimper, more or less she's scared of just about everyone and her reaction is to protect herself as she thinks she's in danger. She reacts the worst to Jamaicans. Sad Hopefully we'll slowly break her of that and she'll be more trusting to the point where at least I can have people I invite into my home without fear she's going to freak out at them.

Over all Mommy is doing well, she's got a collar (first dog I've ever had that never tried to get it off), she's house broken (never once went in the house) and she's learned to sit (as long as she's not toooooo excited that it's hard to listen). She got her second bath today and is smelling clean and fresh. Smile

Anyway that's the Mommy update. Thanks again for your support with her everyone.

Re: Mommy update for those who are interested... - jajewel - 01-10-2011

So happy she's doing well, Jamaicame!!

Re: Mommy update for those who are interested... - Tanya - 01-10-2011

Awwww thanks for the update, good news good news.

Re: Mommy update for those who are interested... - Angel - 01-10-2011

Glad she is doing better. Hope she comes around and is more trusting, obvious she was abused. Your husband should get a clue you love animals. Mommy is being loved. She should be happy.

Re: Mommy update for those who are interested... - jitterbug - 01-10-2011

She reacts the worst to Jamaicans. Sad

that's the same as rex's dogs(pit bulls) react to jamaicans. i've had a sleu of white ppl visiting and the dogs are as calm as cucumbers, as soon as they smell a jamaican, they're scary!!

my work with strays has been really rewarding. usually, rescue dogs are very grateful for the kindness that is shown to them and they do try to work with their handlers!!! hence, she's in no hurry to take off her collar, the collar makes her feel like she belongs, which she does.

good work ariana and thank you. one lucky "momma dog" she is. she might even win over the hubby.

Re: Mommy update for those who are interested... - summer - 01-11-2011

So glad Mommy is doing well......

am not a dog or cat lover. I have dogs, they are not pets they are guard dogs and are housed outside in their space which is heated in the fall and winter, need them as I live in the boonies..... fox and them ting wander in my neck of the woods frequently. Nothing amiss to hear them racket and look through binoculars and see the outline of a Bear. For the most part these animals leave me alone and I leave them alone to do their wandering.

When I visit jamaica, jamaicans (some) will say that dog is vicious and will bite you....you are right they only act vicious with the jamaicans if they are around me the tail starts wagging....jamaicans (some) for no reason will just kick a dog or throw something to hit the dog and it is mostly the men. damn ignorant

Re: Mommy update for those who are interested... - Jamaicame - 01-23-2011

Mommy was spayed on Friday. The vet was fantastic! If anyone needs another travel vet # let me know. He was actually the ONLY vet I liked from the Catherine's Hall vet cinic- after he left and had to deal with other people is when I had some bad experiences there.

The brought all his stuff and was able to perform surgery right on the veranda. She is still sore which is apparent, but other than that she's doing great. It was quite major surgery. She was pregnant which he thought were about half way through but when it comes down to it nobody really wants those puppies which is the sad and harsh truth. As sad as it is, I'd rather them not be born rather than suffer, stoned, kicked and not loved. Places like the Montego Bay Animal Haven have a hard time giving away puppies let alone full grown dogs.

Anyway, this is about the last you'll hear on the subject now, just thought I'd let you know she's fixed, no more puppies for her and she's recovering well.