The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
a funny (not at the moment) Porty story - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2011 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: a funny (not at the moment) Porty story (/showthread.php?tid=9135)

a funny (not at the moment) Porty story - oldtimer - 01-09-2011

You guys have a few interesting stories here !!!well I have one to.Jan 1st 1978 my ex and I after staying in Porty for a few days ,were on our way back to where we lived in Linstead.Instead of going straight there we left (with hang overs)at about 7:00AM and deceided to go on a "backish" road just to see something different.We turned inland at Hope Bay and went about 4-5 miles over "almost logging " roads driving between 1st and 2nd gear in our VW bug.It was getting really bad with no place to turn and out of frustation I ripper 'er back into 2nd gear and the gear shifter BROKE OFF !!!!! flush with the floor.Nobody has ever yelled bumba this and bumba that and "f" bombs louder than I yelled at that moment.My ex just burst out laughing so what else could I do.Of course,roll one up,that always help's....ya right !!! After that it was "what's next?" no sense walking back so I walked ahead ,around a corner not more than 200 yards ahead and BEHOLD !!!!!!!!! there was a guy WORKING !!!!!! on a truck using a welding torch !!!! right in the middle of the road. He came back,I welded it up, all done from start to finish maybe 15 minutes including the walking.I gave him a very nice tip and we drank some beer and we continued on our way and no more problems and ended up having a very scenic,altho rustic drive.Oh yes,the night before we saw Bob Marley and the Wailers at the Trident Hotel in Porty...BONUS !!!
Back in the day the east end of jamaica was where it all was happening.Stuff like this certainly is more fun than sitting in a bar watching all the beach bums and rastatudes perform.

Re: a funny (not at the moment) Porty story - doctoro - 01-09-2011

I give this post 5 *****. That was a very nice post to wake up to. Can we have more pleaseeeeeeeeeee.

Re: a funny (not at the moment) Porty story - Pineapple - 01-09-2011

From my experience the splif must work -- Had just purchased my first car in JA (had never driver it or in JA yet) But decided it a great time for a "road trip" with three of my lady friends. We head out - two in the back seat are alternating between laughing and dead silence. My copilot continued to yell out -- "to the left P - to the left -- watchout pothole -- tree --- BIG tree . . " We made it all the way around the round about and I mean ALL the way. Off down road to Sav but decided West End is were we wanted to be. One more time around the round about and up West End Road. All the way to the end - where the road turns into just two ruts in the bush. Time to turn around. Then someone had the idea to stop and take photos. After the photo-shoot, got back in the car and it won't start. Lift the hood, take a look (yes at least two of us actually knew what a car engine looked like). We tried a few things - just then a rasta (splif haning from his lip) stopped to lend a hand. What was the first question one of the ladies asked? "Got any more of that?" The other three of us laughed our asses off. Still no luck with the car - but found Guinness in the truck while looking for tools. We had no money so decided to pay the rasta for his time with a warm Guinness.

With me trying to start the car and R tapping on the starter with a lug wrench - we finally got it started. Can anyone say "Three hour tour"?

As we reached town steam was coming from under the hood. Pulled into Burger King to get some water. Four white ladies and a steaming car brings out the macho in the Jamaican men. Really, we could have poured water in the car ourselves but it was too much fun watching them all want to show what they knew about cars. Still no money - so distributed more Guinness and we were on our way.

That was one of our more unforgettable days in Jamaica.