The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
easton714/Tammy - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2011 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: easton714/Tammy (/showthread.php?tid=8955)

easton714/Tammy - doctoro - 01-07-2011

When Easton spoke of his diet it reminded me that when I came to this board years ago, quite a few members were on diets, what were your results???

Also easton dish, 15 pounds in the last few months, HOW????????????????

Anyone else with success.Or suggestions.

How do you gain weight in Jamaica? Well I have.I know I need to close my door on the ice cream man, who obviously lives down the street and when he gets to my house he rings the bell extra loud and circles my house till I come out.

Re: easton714/Tammy - easton714 - 01-07-2011

Easy.

Eating better (both quality and portion) and more regular exercise.

I swapped out my unhealthy work lunches for salads dressed without mayonaise-based dressings (like ranch, which is my fave) or simply eating dried fruits, nuts, and/or protein bars.

If I am extra hungry, I just head to the cafeteria and make a big salad with lettuce, boiled egg, broccoli, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, cucumbers, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, etc., and I dress it simply with red wine vinegar and olive oil (or I just grab a packet of fat free italian dressing...only 20 cals!).

For dinner, I just pay a little more attention to things I buy or ingredients I choose... and I use a smaller plate to try to get me to have smaller portions.

And I allow myself to splurge on the weekends. For example, I will probably make some type of nachos and chicken wings for the Colts playoff game Saturday night.

Plus, obviously, I have been exercising again - and that is a big thing for me. A big part of the reason I put on weight in the first place was the fact that I had a severely injured shoulder (college baseball injury) that prevented many types of exercise. It got to the point that I had to get it surgically reconstructed...but the rehab took WAY longer than I was told. Full range of motion was supposed to take four months. It took nearly 14.

But I am better now and it all feels good. I honestly don't feel like I am missing much. And it is worth it to feel better.

For what it is worth, this is the first "diet" I have ever done. I was always an athlete - up through college. I just want to get close to where I was then. I am already happy where I am now but I think I can do more. It should be easier when the weather improves.

My wife has already given the approval for me to join a weekly golf league (9 holes, walking) - which really excites me because I used to be pretty good at golf but I haven't been able to play for years because of my injury...that is now fixed.

I honestly can't believe I am doing so well so far. I

Re: easton714/Tammy - ohliz - 01-07-2011

I lost 50 pounds from Jan '09 to April '10 by moving more and eating less and better. It really is that simple...simple but not easy. I just made sure I ran or worked out or at least walked or biked every day, one day off a week allowed.

After a couple of months of that i looked at what i was eating and took most of the processed junk out, started eating better and smarter...never starving though. I've learned that severely restricting food intake only makes my body hold onto everything that goes in...so I settle for relatively slow weight loss, a pound or less a week.

It really doesn't work for me without exercise though, that seems to tell my body to burn fat and make muscle whereas just eating less does not.

I gained 10 pounds back from April '10 (when I was in Jamaica, in fact) and have stayed steady since then.

I still would like to lose about 30 more, though I try not to focus on the weight # as much as how I look and feel.

Nowadays I run 3x a week and as it's winter, can't bike on the other days. I do still watch what i eat but I thought it owuld be a good idea for my body to settle in at this weight for awhile before trying to make it drop again.

I'll let you know how it goes Smile

Re: easton714/Tammy - jaith - 01-07-2011

one thing i've noticed.....the older you are, the harder it gets. seems that exercise just doesn't jack up my metabolism like it used to.