The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
River Overflow - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2014 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: River Overflow (/showthread.php?tid=71632)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

River Overflow - SomersSK - 02-09-2014

This pic was taken at the CocoLapalm beach today by my parents. Apparently the river overflowed…..its not pretty. Damn polluted water.

Re: River Overflow - booger - 02-09-2014

I saw the same nastiness in Dec while staying at Llantrisant. We had our own beach and could not use it that day because of the water. Made the best if it and headed down to Seven Mile via Waves Park.

Re: River Overflow - Sophie - 02-09-2014

Wow that one is really dark and way down the beach. Many times when the river comes down it doesn't make it nearly that far. Must have been some extra heavy rains up the river? I have been reading about folks talking about it being a very rainy "dry season".

Re: River Overflow - oldtimer - 02-10-2014

That's the sewage treatment plant back wash . They backwash the screens in the middle of the night and then " Let 'er Go " !!!!! Don't mention that or you will be banned for life.

Re: River Overflow - oldtimer - 02-10-2014

Well...it's not coming from Bobby's house because his shit don't sink...don't believe me ,just ask him. They have 15-20 thousand rooms in Negril with a sewage system for 5 thousand.Where does all the poop go....out the river !!!!

Re: River Overflow - kylake - 02-10-2014

OT wrote: Well...it's not coming from Bobby's house because his shit don't sink

We first noticed it on the webcam as Beth checks it all the time. It is in Bobby's yard now. I wonder what comments will aspire or if it will just go poof.

I posted it for you booger :-) It's the devil in me, I keep saying get back devil but it doesn't work.

Blues, I did respond but to another user's comments. You should have "read only" if nothing else. Seems like I have seen you post there. Are you now banned?

Re: River Overflow - Sophie - 02-10-2014

Well, this "people" says it is coming from the river because it IS coming from the river. I can't speculate on if it is the river alone or if there is sewage overflow in it. I can say with certainty that I have swam in it and didn't get sick. I can also say with certainty that on two occasions Smokey has become sick while in Negril. Both times gastrointestinal issues, one time really bad. Is there any connection? I have no idea. Nor would I unless I hauled my ass up the river and checked out what happens at the sewage ponds when a heavy rain comes down. I do know, with certainty, that the river flows through a peat bog. I know for a fact that water coming from a peat bog is going to be dark brown. I would venture a guess, only a guess, that the treated sewage water is not sanitized to an acceptable level most of the time but that is pure speculation on my part. Speculation based on the half assed way Jamaica does most things. I know that the waste treatment plant was upgraded a couple of years ago because of overflow onto surrounding land. Of course that overflow made it's way to the river then the sea. I have no idea if they actually corrected the problem or not. So my worry would not be the color of the water at any certain time it would be the strong possibility that MOST times the levels of nasty things are too high. THAT is always my issue---- folks seeing the smoke but never the fire.

And--- the LAST person/persons I would ever listen to about anything would be a Jamaican working on or near the beach. Whether they called it river water or shit water I would never listen to them. If I believed half the crap Jamaicans have said to me, well, I would be an idiot. Why would I be an idiot? Because I would believe I would get a yeast infection from hanging panties out to dry on a windy day. I would believe that Aloe could cure anything up to and including a broken neck. I would believe that eating potatoes makes your d*ck dead. I mean just ask some Jamaicans about anything, even if they have no clue they will pontificate till the cows come home.

Re: River Overflow - kaycee - 02-10-2014

I said it looks like sewage...just my opinion.