The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Unbelieveable - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2014 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Unbelieveable (/showthread.php?tid=71342)

Unbelieveable - kylake - 01-31-2014

Just flipped to the other board just to cruise without logging in. Near the top is someone with 123 posts asking advice on renting a jet ski. Unbelievable they would post that question after a fatal accident and also a thread on the same board about jet ski ban.

Re: Unbelieveable - booger - 02-01-2014

Not everyone reads the board as we do, and second it's not the jet ski, it's the person. This situation is similar to gun control. And the latest I read, the jet ski was out to help someone in need, turned around, and well you know the rest. But who knows what to believe EVER....

Re: Unbelieveable - oldtimer - 02-01-2014

If he was out helping some one why did he screw off ?

Re: Unbelieveable - kylake - 02-01-2014

Booger, you need to contact Bobby and see if you can get an assistant MOD job. Whitewashing appears to be pretty natural for you. Just sayin.........
Best I can tell the "he was trying to help someone" is hearsay and not fact. The tragic death was a fact and the uncontrolled use of these motorcycles on water is a fact.

Re: Unbelieveable - kylake - 02-01-2014

The whitewash comment was for the cover you were giving to both the poster and the driver. I never said we should ban (although it would not bother me if they did) but they do need to be highly regulated. Will that stop accidents........NO.....but it might help.
BTW, in that thread did anyone even "bother" to point out there had been a serious fatal accident and that currently there is a temporary plan being put in place to stop all jet ski activity in Negril? When I did a "read only" on it no one had.

Re: Unbelieveable - RGondaRoad - 02-01-2014

"And the latest I read, the jet ski was out to help someone in need, turned around, and well you know the rest."
Where did you read that? Nice "CTA" (Cover The Ass)statement. Its about as good as a "friend" hijacked my account and typed a nasty message which I didn't bother to delete. In other words - believe that and boy, have I got a nice bridge to sell you!

Regarding the "ban". Well, things will be noticeably quieter on the beach! People can swim without having to fear being run over and killed! Peace will be in the kingdom but I doubt it will be permanent. I think the big problem is the sheer number of jet skis and operators that are out there - I think way more over the past few years, no? I'm **hoping** "they" (marine police?) will take the opportunity of the ban to weed out the many, MANY operators who are not licensed and stick around a bit to enforce that. I don't know if this has changed but when my friend operated a cat she told me that water operator licenses were pretty finite - not many available and they had either put a moratorium on releasing more in Negril or Negril had maxed out on the number they were supposed to have (her company actually held two and had for decades). So - either the moratorium was lifted, or the number of available licenses were increased...or...because of lack of enforcement and ease of actually owning and operating jet skis and renting them lots of unlicensed (READ: uninsured and unmaintained equipment) has gotten out there.

For all we know though the operator of the jet ski in question very well might have been affiliated with a legit biz...

...it'll be interesting to see what, if anything, comes of this. One thing I'm pretty sure of though - Jet Skis will not be banned entirely in Negril

Re: Unbelieveable - RGondaRoad - 02-02-2014

Oh, Booger - I was not saying YOU were doing the CTA - that statement or rather who ever was putting forth that statement was. Hell no, I wouldn't compare you to her - I hope you understand, my comment was not directed at you, just the statement you relayed.

Seriously though, someone is trying to spin this to do damage control. That's my take on that statement - whoever put it out there.

Re: Unbelieveable - oldtimer - 02-02-2014

The real damage control would be IF !!!!!!!!! the marine police would SEAIZE !!!!! a few of those jet ski's when caught...the OWNERS !!!!!!! would be really pissed then. The same as speeders on the westend , SEAIZE !!!!! the car for a month...bingo !!! THAT WOULD UP THE ANTE !!!!!

Re: Unbelieveable - kylake - 02-02-2014

Good point OT, if you get caught illegally hunting (serious illegal violation) here in TN then TWRA can seize your gun, the vehicle and or boat you were in while committing the illegal action and they "don't" have to give it back. They then sell what was seized to finance enforcement.
Same policy also applies here for drug enforcement.

Re: Unbelieveable - gerryg123 - 02-03-2014

So what's the very latest? Are there jetskis zooming around still?