The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
whats your name today - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2014 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: whats your name today (/showthread.php?tid=70869)

whats your name today - daniel - 01-17-2014

I got a chuckle in Tim's thread about about the name thing. As you know,most J'cans have, and, use several names. This is a true story.

A few years ago I arrainged a car to take us from Lances Bay to Negril for a night out . It was BMBB at MXIII . The driver Vessel ,and friend Trevor, came over early for dinner and drinks. We had an awesome dinner and although it was my treat ,Vessel said he was going to work (RT) until we were ready to come home. I remember, I already had a fair glow on, when we hit the road. We all were laughing, chatting it up, when bam, without warning,we were in a road block right in front of the Green Island PD. Fully armed automatics pointed everywhere.They get, the boys out of the front of the car right away,never said a word to Sheila and I in the back.Legit car,I wasn't worried, until i look the other way, and see the cops searching Trevor, and pull a big spliff out of his waistband.Off he goes.Vessel comes in the car.We decide to get out and wait, while he books it back to cousins cove to find a JP or BB or whatever to get some paperwork to bail him out. So Sheila and I are sitting out side the green island police station in dowtown Green Island.It was quite entertaining, and, as you can imagine, we attracted our fair share of attention.Vessell gets back, and runs in and out of the station. All good, first he has to run down to the local cook shop. He comes back with soup for the cops.He comes back out,all screw faced .Trevor had not given his birthname to the cops, No Dalton Wedderburn. What now? Off we race to Lucea to find another JP. We find him in a bar. A shady gambling house type bar.We race back to bail outTrevor . I cant remember what alias he used.They let him out.Only in Jamaica.I asked him why he didnt give his real name. Dalton needed to take a break, he replied matter of factly.You might of had to be there, but it still cracks me up.We made the show,had a big fun night, and a safe ride home.

Re: whats your name today - ohliz - 01-17-2014

I just found you can read the "Names and Aliases" chapter of One People online:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Rdss81nhG2oC&pg=PA34&lpg=PA34&dq=one+people+guy+kennaway+names+and+aliases&source=bl&ots=OM9lY322Ee&sig=bYzA7HvdwK4q-e5a5thV7XM6rX4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ObDZUsGUBMyysASshIHICg&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=one%20people%20guy%20kennaway%20names%20and%20aliases&f=false

I highly recommend the chapter Big Grin

Re: whats your name today - daniel - 01-17-2014

So, Liz,,you should spend some time in cove. They are all there,alive and well. I am calling to ask T if he used Maxwell that nigh.t

Re: whats your name today - JonTom - 01-18-2014

Hilarious story Daniel.

In addition to the multiple names, the nicknames I hear are what I find interesting and at times amusing. I'm guessing many are common.

Does anyone know persons with these nicknames (and their meaning/origin)?

Pepperseed
Lasco
Stick-o'-bread
Torney

Re: whats your name today - kylake - 01-19-2014

Thanks Daniel, interesting story. Had to give Dalton a rest :-)