The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Cost for taxi - Kuyaba to West End - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2014 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Cost for taxi - Kuyaba to West End (/showthread.php?tid=70739)

Cost for taxi - Kuyaba to West End - SomersSK - 01-07-2014

Question, what should I be paying for a cab ride from Kuyaba to the West end? What would you consider a fair rate? I think I was paying too much last reach. Should the amount of people in the cab affect the amount the driver tries to charge us?

Re: Cost for taxi - Kuyaba to West End - oldtimer - 01-07-2014

The West End covers a pile of miles. $5 for the cab and 100j per person you won't go wrong with that. The Capt's son is a cabbie maybe he might have an exact figure.

Re: Cost for taxi - Kuyaba to West End - dave - 01-07-2014

$10 one way, 20 round trip- Plus tip This is for a 'charter' not a route taxi

Re: Cost for taxi - Kuyaba to West End - SomersSK - 01-07-2014

And on that note - does anyone have a go to taxi in Negril I can call for taxis? or do you suppose were better off just flagging the red plate from the road...

Re: Cost for taxi - Kuyaba to West End - Dana1 - 01-07-2014

We take route cabs only and Fatties info is correct.We never get out at the roundabout .Also don't pay extra cuz its "nightime rate" total B.S.

Re: Cost for taxi - Kuyaba to West End - HardRockMiner - 01-07-2014

When the red plate car stops BEFORE you get in the car ask
"Is this a route taxi?"
On the beach road they will bring you to the bus park near the police station OR the parking lot at Scotia bank across from Burger King.
I usually tell them to drop me at Scotia because I'm going up to the west end. They almost always offer to take you all the way to your destination. Price should be $130j from the beach to Scotia and another $130j from Scotia to the west end per person.
Most of the drivers are great, a few try to gouge you.
Me say no saw!
I asked you if this was route taxi and you said yes.

Re: Cost for taxi - Kuyaba to West End - oldtimer - 01-08-2014

Well SomerSK...you have almost the same advice from everyone here . If you are going to the cliffs from the beach and there is 2-4 of you ,if there are no stops ,a $10 US or CDN will get you there ,tip in. If there is a hesitation then wave the next cab . No neg's neccessary . If there is a cab stop at your hotel offer them the same deal if not there are lots of taxi stops everywhere . But yes , DO !!!!! use a red plate because if ANYTHING !!! goes wrong in a white plate the stuff is yours !!! you owe these guys NOTHING !!!! If there are stops (to pick one of your friends add $2 ) If he picks one of his friends up subtract $2 . Over a whole holiday you may be out $20 ,but probably not .DON'T let the driver "trick " you out of anything !!!

Re: Cost for taxi - Kuyaba to West End - Dana1 - 01-08-2014

If you are waiting for a route cab in the westend after midnight you might as well start walking.

Re: Cost for taxi - Kuyaba to West End - RGondaRoad - 01-09-2014

Once you grab a route taxi on the beach and ask him to take you to the west end without getting out downtown that "route" taxi becomes a charter Smile

You don't have to get ripped off by charters - the question Somer posted here avoids that. If you know what you "should" pay from jump your negotiation will go much smoother.

Personally if I'm on the beach at night needing to get home to the west end I call one of my drivers, I'm not hailing a route taxi I do not know.

Re: Cost for taxi - Kuyaba to West End - RGondaRoad - 01-10-2014

True Fatty but "officially" he's "chartered". If someone is in the taxi of course he'll take them to where they are going on the route. I've done it once or twice the way you have, double the fare, take me straight to the beach and I've encouraged the driver to pick up other fares as well.

When we don't have the pickle route taxis are my main transportation unless I need to do a big shop at the grocery store. Then my man with the van is always willing to oblige Smile